[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Check this camry out!!
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Check this camry out!!

Check this camry out!!

Postby liquidsilver » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:12 am

Hello,

This may be a old post for you camry guys but it's new to me. I actually like this camry much more than the current North American Camry.

Love the projectors and the rear tails....undecided on the overall front end though.

http://motoring.asia1.com.sg/cgi-bin/mo ... 7;t=001395

what do u guys think?

To me the main tail light is the same unit as 2005 camry in NorthAmerica..except that the top part is pink/redish.
Last edited by liquidsilver on Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
liquidsilver
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby liquidsilver » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:23 am

OOps.....someone move it to camry site please.
liquidsilver
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:41 am

That's SWEET!
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Shoe » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:04 am

mixed feelings for me i do like the interior, but i think they shoulda held back on the over use of wood trim, i like the tail lights the head lights and rims seem to have minor adjestments in my eyes but the exterior screams at me "top of the like kia"

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:15 am

Shoe wrote:mixed feelings for me i do like the interior, but i think they shoulda held back on the over use of wood trim, i like the tail lights the head lights and rims seem to have minor adjestments in my eyes but the exterior screams at me "top of the like kia"

shoe

***Off da subject***

Shoe...

Your sig is hurting my eyes...I'm blind already and I thought I was about to lose my eye site even more...lol
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:18 am

I'll tell you what, that is the most stylish Camry to date in my opinion. The headlights remind me of the BMW 7 series. I love the wood trim. I wish I could find an overlay for the Solara's steering wheel. I think the new Camry looks to be more like a middle of the line luxury car with some well needed styling that has been addressed. The Solara by far eats the Camry alive with originial, sexy, and sleek styling.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:50 am

Not bad. I like the headlights. With these projectors, I'd like to see someone use them in a retrofit for our Solara. I really like how all the new cars are getting a 'Lexus' like feel to it.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:04 am

i love out USDM camry's much better. The tail lights aren't lined up as USDM's ones, someone bought a trunk lid from the taiwan camry and tried it with Japanese camry, the lights didn't match perfectly, and the lines were not aligned same. The guages are too xmas like (many colors). I like the projectors and the new wheels. (thats it).
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Shoe » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:09 am

Shoe...

Your sig is hurting my eyes...I'm blind already and I thought I was about to lose my eye site even more...lol

you cant see?

omg mikey i think you should take off your skirt pacage have em painted red send em to me so i can put em on my sle and trade in your car for a bus pass so you dont hurt anyone ya know what i mean

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby thealkimo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:50 pm

if i were following one i'd initially mistake the rear for a BMW 330...and like everyone else i love the projectors!!!
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:56 pm

yeaht hats the camry they get in taiwan and other south asian countries. keep in mind the corolla to them is the camry to us. in other word, the camry is their avalon while the corolla is their camry.

over there the HID's can be had on corollas. heck they sell pretty well there too.

i dont like that front end due to the fact that if i wanted the higher luxury i would get a lexus.
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o

Postby technole » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:27 pm

trdkamuri510 wrote:yeaht hats the camry they get in taiwan and other south asian countries. keep in mind the corolla to them is the camry to us. in other word, the camry is their avalon while the corolla is their camry.

over there the HID's can be had on corollas. heck they sell pretty well there too.

i dont like that front end due to the fact that if i wanted the higher luxury i would get a lexus.

Yeah, it was like that for the US until Toyota unveiled the Avalon. Personally I'd rather get an ES330 for the price you pay for an Avalon XLS.

Certainly Honda doesn't have a sedan better then the Accord in their brand, they are in the Acura brand.
2004 Solara V6 SLE w/XM Satellite Radio
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRDCamry » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:07 pm

That car is sweet, inside and out.
Here's a link for info and pics of my 1999 Camry:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t44068.html

Sohil
TRDCamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bassthrive » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:21 pm

yesh its veddy toight, toight like a toiger!

But i dunno if im feelin the way they did the grille and emblem.

- Paul
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby whiteflash » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:41 pm

wow thats really nice looking
Injen w/CAI Extension
Vogtland Springs
Tokico Struts