[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - exhaust help
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

exhaust help

exhaust help

Postby TMMK Toy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Well if anyone saw my last post about my exhaust leak I had a tear in my flex section and was gonna replace it. I ordered a section of flexpipe from jc whitney that was the shortest length available but was still about an inch and a half too long. My friend's dad said that to replace it hed have to move my exhaust back which would be creating a lot more work. He said I may be able to order the flex section back to the cat but I havent called the dealer yet to see if that's an option or if Id have to buy the damn cat with it too. I'm sure if I went to an exhaust speciality shop they could prob. come up with a solution. Most places I've called have said 150-200 to replace it. At first I thought it seemed high but now that it seems to be a hassle may be worth it. Of course Id really just like to replace the whole y pipe section itself with a higher flowing unit but can't find anyone selling a DATSRboi y pipe unless JPP sells just a y pipe from their setup but I doubt it. I also may be able to contact some guys who make custom exhausts around here and see if they could make a pipe but not sure how well thatd turn out since its not like they're 1mz experts. Anyway, advice is greatly appreciated. I'm really leaning twoards just going to a shop for now as I don't want to drive around with this leak for much longer.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:51 pm

if it is going to be that expensive anyway if you care about performance at all you might as well upgrade your y pipe. You can just have a shop make a custom one slightly bigger than the stock one. Everyone who has done it has said they gained a noticeable amount of power when doing so
1998 camry xle
2005 g35 coupe 6mt
xet
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry