[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wanted: Navigation for 2008 SLEv6 coupe NAV
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Wanted: Navigation for 2008 SLEv6 coupe NAV

Wanted: Navigation for 2008 SLEv6 coupe NAV

Postby SolaraMan2003 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:29 pm

I am looking to upgrade my JBL sound system to the NAV/JBL.

I'm not so concerned about buying the speakers, but I would like to buy the NAV/JBL unit.
SolaraMan2003
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sparky5e » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 pm

I got mine from

www.oemvalue.com but they are out of stock.

If I had it to do over I would have looked closer at the Pioneer system or stand alone GPS.

The OEM Nav isn't 100% plug and play on the swap involving pulling wires and inserting in different plugs which aren't supplied and damn near impossible to find.

Then you are limited to the "Nav disk" which isn't upgradeable like tom tom or Garvin. I believe they come out with a new disk yearly but is very expensive (more then a new GPS)

With that said....it is a nice unit that works with the stock JBL amp (if you have the 6disk unit) and will work with the steering wheel buttons and even the blue tooth if you rewire the plugs.
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:43 pm

even if u get an eclipse unit u will be able to keep ur steering wheel controls
and it basically plug and play
so looking into an after market unit might be better
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5