[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wanted: Black Emblems
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Wanted: Black Emblems

Wanted: Black Emblems

Postby Ruski » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:16 am

hey im guys im looking for the Black Emblems "Toyota Solara Se" and the actual logo Toyota that goes in the rear. THanks
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby LostSoul » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:41 pm

im looking for them too!
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraBlue » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:58 pm

do a google search... bought some online a few years ago... they were expensive however...
http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pt577-0604a.html

also try ebay ive seen them on there from time to time... could be knock-offs... who knows.
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

what i did

Postby solaracanada » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi y'all, I took mine off and sanded it down, spray painted it black and it looks pretty good. I took the front grille off as well and painted it black, as well as the silver hood strip. they are all black. In an effort to make it a clean black look, i debadged everything on the back as well, well almost everything. I debadged the "toyota" and "se v6", then I did the "solara" thats when i realized there was 2 holes on the back too. So i bought a TRD badge and put it over the two holes. Lol. Need to find something better to do...
solaracanada
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Garrryyunit » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 pm

i say do what solaracanada did.. when i read that you want to buy black emblems and i clicked on that one link and saw that its 100+. :o they are more expensive than JDM emblems. lol

but if youre gonna go buy them. you should give it to me. I wouldn't mind you paying me 100 and i will sand them down for you and then spray paint them. 8)
Photo My Car

2002 Solara SE - Sold
1992 Civic VX - Current
2003 S2000 - Current
Garrryyunit
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lilm » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 pm

ya those black pearl emblems have always been expensive
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ruski » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:18 am

Garrryyunit wrote:i say do what solaracanada did.. when i read that you want to buy black emblems and i clicked on that one link and saw that its 100+. :o they are more expensive than JDM emblems. lol

but if youre gonna go buy them. you should give it to me. I wouldn't mind you paying me 100 and i will sand them down for you and then spray paint them. 8)

Trust me im not going to spend 100 + for a set of emblems ,
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Garrryyunit » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:38 am

Ruski wrote:
Garrryyunit wrote:i say do what solaracanada did.. when i read that you want to buy black emblems and i clicked on that one link and saw that its 100+. :o they are more expensive than JDM emblems. lol

Trust me im not going to spend 100 + for a set of emblems ,

Darn! haha. I dont think anyone would spend that much. unless... they are those jdm junkies with the JDM emblems that cost like 60+ for 1 emblem.
Photo My Car

2002 Solara SE - Sold
1992 Civic VX - Current
2003 S2000 - Current
Garrryyunit
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: what i did

Postby rohand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:47 pm

solaracanada wrote:Hi y'all, I took mine off and sanded it down, spray painted it black and it looks pretty good. I took the front grille off as well and painted it black, as well as the silver hood strip. they are all black. In an effort to make it a clean black look, i debadged everything on the back as well, well almost everything. I debadged the "toyota" and "se v6", then I did the "solara" thats when i realized there was 2 holes on the back too. So i bought a TRD badge and put it over the two holes. Lol. Need to find something better to do...

I did the same thing about 3 years ago and I really have no regrets. The only thing is I didn't clear coat my emblems and so I need to re-do them. But it cost me less than $20 using high heat engine enamel and about three hours. On a side note, I used the same spray on my rims and they've held up really well...just apply like three coats or so
rohand
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby solaracanada » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:32 pm

i actually used bumper paint cuz i liked the dull look, but now that you mentioned, i actually think that a shiny black would look pretty good too on my front grille. im too scared to do any spray paint on my wheels right now, but it does sound like an idea i could use until i get black racing rims with polished lip (thats what i ultimately want)

btw that looks real good on ur red car them black rims...
2004 Solara SE Coupe V6, black
solaracanada
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Ruski, I had a friend professionally paint the ones on my lexus, if you want take them to a shop and then retape them on... or I can get Posh's old ones done and then sell them to you..... BTW, did you get your item?

Not to be off topic with my pic, but this is what they look like now.

If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby solaracanada » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 pm

have a look at my front grille see http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=31315

2004 Solara SE Coupe V6, black
solaracanada
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TRD SOLARA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:37 pm

TRD SOLARA
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 pm

Im debadging this weekend my 02 SLEv6. I have the gold emblem package, you can have mine for free if you want them... you might could repaint them black :)
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

oh i see you have an 04 nm then...
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5