[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - F/S EBAY: intake
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

F/S EBAY: intake

F/S EBAY: intake

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:18 pm

Not sure if you guys know about this. I don't hit up the gen 2 forums often, but didn't see anything about this. I think it saves you guys a decent amount of money from them. I feel bad these guys have to go to this to sell aproduct that's worth what they were asking in the first place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Intake-C ... enameZWDVW

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:56 pm

whos selling their cp-e intake? well for the rest of us gen2's get on it, this intake rocks i got it and i love it to death!
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gone » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:52 am

that's crazy expensive for an intake,but hey if it's well worth it someone should jump on it.I'll just stick to the intake thats half that price lol
gone
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:54 am

Custom Performance Engineering themselves are selling the product on eBay... That is kinda a shame that they have to move to that (I guess they haven't gotten the support they really wanted, so that doesn't look good for our future)... I just bought my CP-e intake from drace99 (cut him a check Monday, so he should get it today or tomorrow) but I have been wanting one for a while and just took a bit of time gathering up some play money...

I hope they're still willing to continue looking into the other projects they were thinking about for us...
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:04 pm

theprodigy79 wrote:Custom Performance Engineering themselves are selling the product on eBay... That is kinda a shame that they have to move to that (I guess they haven't gotten the support they really wanted, so that doesn't look good for our future)... I just bought my CP-e intake from drace99 (cut him a check Monday, so he should get it today or tomorrow) but I have been wanting one for a while and just took a bit of time gathering up some play money...

I hope they're still willing to continue looking into the other projects they were thinking about for us...

They would like to but the thing is, when they first came out with the intake we had lots of positive feedback so they made a bunch but then when time to process peoples orders only 3 people actually ordered them and i think i was the 3rd or 4th? ive talke dto Josh last time when i went to CP-E and if we can find more interest in headers or anything we cant have anyone fake out and ill prolly put my car up for the protype
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Astro » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:27 pm

I'm sure it's a great product, but hardly anyone here can afford to spend that much on an intake let alone on anything else. Look at how many people cried about the pricing for the Injen intake :roll: I would have bought one if I didn't have a setup already.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:56 pm

06toyo chick wrote:that's crazy expensive for an intake,but hey if it's well worth it someone should jump on it.I'll just stick to the intake thats half that price lol

half the price for injen = 200 dollars / 4 peak hp gain (we're guessing here) = 50 dollars per hp gained.

CP-E at 400 dollars / 10 peak hp gain = 40 dollars per hp gained, and of course more overall horses.

I'd be hardpressed to say the injen even gives that much gain, and that it's mostly sound. But hey, spend your money where you want.

And Larry, you've got a ballin setup. There's no reason for you to switch you're intake and retune with everything. Part of the problem is the Solaras lack of AM support anyhow, and the fact that most Solara owners for gen 1 that are looking for an intake already have one and won't want to switch.

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Astro » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:13 pm

dominoSLEV6 wrote:half the price for injen = 200 dollars / 4 peak hp gain (we're guessing here) = 50 dollars per hp gained.

Injen dynoed at 10-11 hp, with a maximum gain of 14 hp. Dyno posted here (scroll down to the post Junest made) http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=12470&highlight=injen. So they both dynoed the same. But, I think if you get the tunable cp-e, you'll get better gains.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:07 pm

Astro wrote:
dominoSLEV6 wrote:half the price for injen = 200 dollars / 4 peak hp gain (we're guessing here) = 50 dollars per hp gained.

Injen dynoed at 10-11 hp, with a maximum gain of 14 hp. Dyno posted here (scroll down to the post Junest made) http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=12470&highlight=injen. So they both dynoed the same. But, I think if you get the tunable cp-e, you'll get better gains.

Injen also used their own dyno testing equipment, whereas CP-e tested at an independent source... I also thought that CP-e found it to be literally impossible to produce anything more than negligable gains with a 2.75" pipe, and that their fuel mapping was actually what gave the most gains (along with the fact that they use a 3.5" pipe)... According to everyone else; tunable chip or not, the CP-e gives you the biggest impact... by far...
Last edited by theprodigy79 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:49 am

The CP-e is one badass intake without a doubt, I myself would definitely get one if I wasnt such a poor college student. But the Injen has somewhat stole some sales due to its pricing. Heck, I might even bend over backwards and get an Injen myself once I pay off my books...
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:29 am

Uh... I don't see any Injen intakes for the Gen 2 Solara (from their site)???

What's the price diff on what you're looking at?

eBay can be scary for performance parts - but then everybody already knows that...
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:24 am

PXLpainter wrote:Uh... I don't see any Injen intakes for the Gen 2 Solara (from their site)???

eBay can be scary for performance parts - but then everybody already knows that...

the cp-e intake(which i have retail price i think was around 458?) correct me someone if im wrong but i got it cheaper than that =P
the injen is around 200 i think?
but for me, the cp-e intake is worth the money
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:02 am

PXLpainter wrote:Uh... I don't see any Injen intakes for the Gen 2 Solara (from their site)???

Injen SRI for Gen 2 Solara V6:
http://injen.com/dbase.cgi?Year=2004&Ma ... Engine=V-6

I believe the Injen currently runs in the low $200s.

CPe is still showing $469 on their site for the MAFci kit (although they are selling it for $400 in the auction).

eBay is a fine place to buy pretty much anything... just gotta pay attention to who you're buying from... In this case, it's the company themselves selling their own product using eBay as a gateway. They have plenty of feedback, a high positive rating and all of their feedback is through sales... That's the kinda eBayer I trust.
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:31 am

theprodigy79 wrote:Injen SRI for Gen 2 Solara V6:
http://injen.com/dbase.cgi?Year=2004&Ma ... Engine=V-6

I believe the Injen currently runs in the low $200s.

CPe is still showing $469 on their site for the MAFci kit (although they are selling it for $400 in the auction).

eBay is a fine place to buy pretty much anything... just gotta pay attention to who you're buying from... In this case, it's the company themselves selling their own product using eBay as a gateway. They have plenty of feedback, a high positive rating and all of their feedback is through sales... That's the kinda eBayer I trust.

Dang - how'd you find that? I just went to their product application guide and nothing was listed for anything higher than an '03... hmmm...

Anyway - THANKS! :drinking:

BTW - what's the difference in performance/function between these two systems? Are there any electronics with the Injen system that compare to CP-E's system?

Also - you're right about the co selling on eBay themselves - I can almost always trust a manufacturer or major distributor seller - it's just the scary ones from oversees that seem to getcha on counterfeit parts and such. Luckily I've only been "taken" a couple times in over 10 years of eBay buying/selling, so I consider myself fortunate. ;)

JF
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:21 pm

You buy an Injen you get a 2.75" pipe.

CPe is a 3.5" pipe and chip with fuel map, air intake ratios, etc... "Tunable" version also available.

As far as "performance" goes... they're both SRIs, which aren't going to put out as much as a CAI... but between the two of them, the CPe has a WHOLE LOT MORE going for it... and that's just straight up logic...
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5