[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CP-E INTAKE
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CP-E INTAKE

GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CP-E INTAKE

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Hey guys, I have been in talks with Josh Adams of CP-E. We have came to a agreement that if I can get at least 15 people to commit to buying one of their intakes, he will give us 15% off. Here is how it is gonna work. PM me to have your name put on the list. I will then send Josh, the contact list so payment can be made.

The price is as follows:

GEN 1/1.5= $415.65
GEN 2= $398.65

This is for the non-tunable only, if you would like the tunable version please add $99 dollars to the total.

Shipping will be a flat rate of $15
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions for ordering
1. PM me your contact info and phone number
2. I will send Josh the list of numbers and he will contact you directly about payment.

This group buy will be for 2 weeks only and you won't be able to get it at this price again.

Gen 1 - http://www.cp-e.com/2017.html
"14.7 wheel hp and 15.4 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 17.5 wheel hp and 20.1 wheel ft lbs"

Gen 1.5 - http://www.cp-e.com/2021.html
"14.7 wheel hp and 15.4 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 17.5 wheel hp and 20.1 wheel ft lbs"

Gen 2 - http://www.cp-e.com/2018.html
"8.7 wheel hp and 9.1 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 10.3 wheel hp and 12.1 wheel ft lbs."

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyer List
1. chullen1
2. djandrey_M
Last edited by chullen1 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:49 pm

quick update, Josh said if we can get 30 or more people to come into the GB he will increase the discount.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this is crap?? Come on he wants 15 people??? Lets be real. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Why not just say i'll give you a discount because your on SG forums and you put me on the map. Whats wrong with people these days. :down:
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:15 pm

If this was a group buy for them to make a tuneable intake for the 2AZ I'm sure you could get 15 people. I know I'd be all over it. But most people who own a V6 have one already.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby QuickSEV6 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 pm

I hate to sound like an idiot, but is that really a good price? $415 for a gen 1 intake?

It sounds a little steep to me.

If thats already minus the 15%, doesn't that mean it normally goes for close to $480? And $580 for a tuneable?

What kind of gains can I get with it? For that kind of money, I sure hope a lot.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Re: GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CP-E INTAKE

Postby SpeedySolara » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:09 am

chullen1 wrote:Hey guys, I have been in talks with Josh Adams of CP-E. We have came to a agreement that if I can get at least 15 people to commit to buying one of their intakes, he will give us 15% off. Here is how it is gonna work. PM me to have your name put on the list. I will then send Josh, the contact list so payment can be made.

The price is as follows:

GEN 1/1.5= $415.65
GEN 2= $398.65

This is for the non-tunable only, if you would like the tunable version please add $99 dollars to the total.

Shipping will be a flat rate of $10
Directions for ordering
1. PM me your contact info and phone number
2. I will send Josh the list of numbers and he will contact you directly about payment.

This group buy will be for 2 weeks only and you won't be able to get it at this price again.

Gen 1 - http://www.cp-e.com/2017.html

Gen 1.5 - http://www.cp-e.com/2021.html

Gen 2 - http://www.cp-e.com/2018.html
"8.7 wheel hp and 9.1 wheel ft lbs, with peak differences of 10.3 wheel hp and 12.1 wheel ft lbs."

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyer List
1. chullen1

$400 (more or less) for a 3 HP gain is retarded!!! I rather make my own for that kind of money
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 am

FIFTEEN PEOPLE!????

WOW!!

Wheres the love for for people that keep the solara division going?

This is my old group buy, we only needed to get 5 to have some sort of discount

The problem is that there may be 15 CPE buyers in a year, but defiantly not at the same time, epically such its a big investment.
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby nemoxfishy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 am

I'm glad i got my Injen for less than 100 bucks! Neways, GL!
nemoxfishy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby unbalancedwood » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 am

QuickSEV6 wrote:If thats already minus the 15%, doesn't that mean it normally goes for close to $480? And $580 for a tuneable?

Normally for the Gen1, its 490$
Ive done a price-per-hp before and its about $32 per hp (it is a proven 15hp gain by many members)

For the SC your looking at a 3000$ SC / about 50 hp if you take it with the stock 4psi pully, so about $60 per hp

Worth it...yeahhhh...but for 500$ I would spend my money on a few mods; tint, rsb, renova, & some springs. I bought mine used for about $300 and sold it for close to that.
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chullen1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 am

ok to set things straight so everyone can stop thinking this is a scam, he has to have them made and which is why he needs so many. If they were in stock I could understand and think it was a scam but since it has to be made and are only made in batch of 15 to 30 intakes at a time this is why
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 am

I just hate how everyone wants this intake but when a GB comes up no one wants to be part of it. It is typical everyone talks smack and then can't follow thru. I talk about something and make it happen, so if your not interested I will just let him know so we don't linger him on but stop your bitching when you can't find one.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am

dang. gluck chullen. 15 will be tough.

I haven't had the injen or any other sri so I have nothing to compare it to.. but I bought my cp-e brand new from a member for $300 and i absolutely loved it. the car feels and sounds stronger overall...

but now that I have the RSB, i think that's my favorite mod.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sarki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 pm

chullen1 wrote:I just hate how everyone wants this intake but when a GB comes up no one wants to be part of it. It is typical everyone talks smack and then can't follow thru. I talk about something and make it happen, so if your not interested I will just let him know so we don't linger him on but stop your bitching when you can't find one.

Hay Chullen, Who asked you for a GB anyway. I would have thrown a feeler out there to see if anyone was interested. Looks like you took the matter into your own hands and failed. Those of us that couldn't afford it, got an Injen. So stop your crying and forget the GB. Its not happening. If you want one, spend the extra money and get it. Your not gettin 15 guys to throw $400+ at a intake right now. You might get one or two guys but not 15. Thats the bottom line.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby unbalancedwood » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 pm

sarki wrote:
chullen1 wrote:I just hate how everyone wants this intake but when a GB comes up no one wants to be part of it. It is typical everyone talks smack and then can't follow thru. I talk about something and make it happen, so if your not interested I will just let him know so we don't linger him on but stop your bitching when you can't find one.

Hay Chullen, Who asked you for a GB anyway. I would have thrown a feeler out there to see if anyone was interested. Looks like you took the matter into your own hands and failed. Those of us that couldn't afford it, got an Injen. So stop your crying and forget the GB. Its not happening. If you want one, spend the extra money and get it. Your not gettin 15 guys to throw $400+ at a intake right now. You might get one or two guys but not 15. Thats the bottom line.

^ Yup!

1. I dont think anyone thinks this is a scam, after all you pay Josh directly
2. People that have been around SG for a few years know how the money market operates here and how we buy items, its just we have the 'bigger' picture over the years.
3. Just go thru my old 'Feeler-turned GB-turned fail'
4. Sorry to be harsh but its the truth, if you get 4 who will actually pay ill be quite surprised.
5. Its a truly AWESOME mod for the lack of performance parts for a toyota solara, at 500$ or 300$ its up to the buyer to decide what its worth to them.

CPe's will just be bought and sold in the used market for years, most have already changed hands 2-3 times in the beginning of Cpe.

Just keep an eye out in the FS forum and you'll get it for cheaper and most of us upgraded to the Crispmongo filter...SO BONUS!! lol
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 pm

unbalancedwood wrote: most of us upgraded to the Crispmongo filter...SO BONUS!! lol

Gotta love the Crispmongo air filter!

...heh heh heh...

OVER 50k miles on my CPe and STILL works GREAT! K&N only requires very occasional cleanings... nothing like the afe. :wink:

100k miles here recently, and my car still runs great and I love it. (...of course... the Supra is always a good distraction when I have the "need for speed"!)

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5