[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 3MZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount - Engine Moving Control Rod PICS
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

3MZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount - Engine Moving Control Rod PICS

3MZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount - Engine Moving Control Rod PICS

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 am

For a couple of months, I've noticed if I go over speed bump too fast, or hit a bump, there was a loud bang coming from the front passenger side wheel area. I had suspected a bad strut, but I was wrong.
Opened the hood yesterday and noticed, practically in plain sight to me, the upper motor mount was blown. I picked up an OEM replacement at the parts department at the dealership. I found in the service manual link (pdf links posted on solaraguy), some bolt torque info. In this how-to, we're only concerned about the lower left bolt A and bolt C.

Tools you'll need for this. A 14mm socket.

Here's comparison of the new and old part. You can see the rubber in the old one is blasted.

Close up of the bad dogbone.

Make sure to remove the hose clip.

Plug it into the new part.

This is the car after the part was removed.

These are your parts. The long bolt goes on the bottom, the short bolt goes on the top.

Hold the rubber protectors on as you slide the bone in place.

Reattach the hose.

Was pretty easy stuff. I just took it for a test drive, and it seems the problem is fixed!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: 3MZ-FE Dogbone Motor Mount - Engine Moving Control Rod

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Yup, Very easy to change out. I haven't done it on the Solara yet though.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Hey, wasn't sure if there was anyone on this site anymore. ;)

I just got through replacing the rear motor mount on the Harley and it wasn't nearly as easy! Funny how I realized they both were bad on the same day!
Of course, the Harley is almost fully recovered from a hard landing (so is it's owner). The car mount was just worn out.

CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:47 pm

There are the few maybe 30 members that post here and there. I'll also love this forum compare to TN. It's not the same.
Changing the rear mounts, well thats a different story. PITA :arg: :snipersmile: :2gunfire:
Also, nice Harley.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

ive done my mounts on the solara before. Front one ehh pretty ease, dogbone. really easy. rear one not so easy lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5