[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - LED 3rd Brake Light
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

LED 3rd Brake Light

Postby Savoiskiy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:05 am

I've replaced 3rd brake light in my Lexus with JDM LED one.

Looks like it is approximately as wide as Solara's. I'd try to insert the inner part into the stock housing.

'05 SE Sport: Front Strut Brace, Rear Sway Bar, Lowering Springs, Axle-Back Exhaust, All TRD
Soon: 18" Work VS-XX Rims, Injen Intake and more goodies!
Savoiskiy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby BesI » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:08 pm

I guess to change the rear speakers i have to go through the same thing. Im thinking to change the factory speakers but dont have time to do it i dont see it here if anybody dont it yet and placed some pictures.
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cklinh » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm

I didn't take pictures, but yeah, had to remove the rear deck to change the rear speakers.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Wow, must have missed this post. Looks great Chung, long overdue congrats!!! How are they working out for ya bro?

-M
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Ilovemylara » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:45 pm

looks great man. Gen 1's have a led strip across the back of the spoiler. I wonder why toyota didnt continue this onto the gen 2??
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5