[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DIY FREE INSTANT Air Intake Performance Improvement
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DIY FREE INSTANT Air Intake Performance Improvement

Postby Phylum » Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm

I just read all 5 pages of this post and I'm going to check out my setup when I leave the office. I trust no one has heard of anyone making any changes to the setup on an I4 correct?
2005 Silver Solara SE I4 5 Speed MT - All stock for now
Phylum
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Thu May 25, 2006 6:35 am

If only somebody would post on the I4 mod (if it exists) :lol:
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Free air mod - vacuum re-route

Postby techadvocate » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 am

Did this free mod, worked like a champ for about 1 day. Then check engine light came on. Checked vacuum lines and one had come loose. Fixed, taped in place so not happen again. CE light won't go off. Any suggestions?
05 Conv SLE V6 | Black 'n Tan | Alpine + XM | PIAA HIDs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3843602
techadvocate
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Chinky420 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am

1. use the search function when trying to figure out something simple like how to reset CEL
2. don't resurrect threads that have been dead ~2 years
3. unhook battery and leave off for about 5 minutes. reconnect battery and CEL should be gone.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: DIY FREE INSTANT Air Intake Performance Improvement

Postby Pogo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Are there any negative things that can or have happened as a result of this mod?
Pogo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby quebec#1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 am

I think this a great post ! I just did the mod and do seem to see a bit more throtle response but also a bit more engine noise. After all these years and since its an older post has anyone had problems down the road with this mod ?
quebec#1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zacman94 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey guys.
I know this is an old post but I'm kinda new to this website and I just found this. I would love it if somebody found out how to do this for the 4 cyl. If it improves the throttle lag, I want to do it.
zacman94
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zacman94 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Once again, I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to say that I stuck my head under the hood of my I4 Solara, and this mod for the I4 engine might not be possible. According to the tutorial and background information, when I looked at the bottom side of the air box, where the air is coming in, I should've seen two holes, but I only found one. So basically, the I4 engine doesn't have that feature that this mod bypasses. :/
zacman94
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5