[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - AUX2CAR Install Pictures
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

AUX2CAR Install Pictures

AUX2CAR Install Pictures

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:53 am

As Promised... Pictures to go with the rduke tutorial...
http://solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=12818

I spent <45 minutes on this. Very easy with the instructions.
"open the center console large storage compartment door, and pull up on the center console." might make more sense with this picture. I thought the whole center section was coming up but it's just the top. rduke is right. Front edge inside the compartment is an easy place to start popping clips.

This is what comes off when you pull the center compartment out. Really easy... just pops right off.

Here's the back with the harnesses. I just left it off to the passenger side. It's not in the way so no need to disconnect all the stuff.

Inside the gaping hole you've made in your car, your hand (I've got big hands...[ladies? impressed?]) fits nicely in front of the cables. I ran my Toyota plug behind them to get a better approach angle on the target hole. Takes some fuggling but I got it in on the third try [again... ladies?]. The latch of the harness goes down.

No offense rduke, but I ain't drillin' no holes in my ride! Plus I'm not sure where I'm putting my CarPC yet so this is a temp location. I just laid the cable under everything then over the lip of the compartment so it appears as if from nowhere. I left enough cable to reach the seat if I want to plug in my laptop. There are clips where I put the red dots so the cable doesn't change the fit at all if it's in the center.

So far the Aux2Car sounds good. Depending on the device you plug in, the volume may be weak compared to the radio. My MP3 player has a line out that sounds better than the headphone out. The only other difference in my install was that I used RCA-male 1/8" for the final cable so that plugs into whatever. I haven't used it on the road so assume it's still fine if I don't follow up with a bitch post.

Rock on! MJC
Last edited by Down2TheC on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

AUX POD

Postby ndoyank » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:25 pm

anyone know where I can purchase an aux pod or aux box?
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cklinh » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:41 pm

I got mine at logjamelectronics.com

I think the AuxPods were replaced by iPod2Car (they look the same, different color).
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I got my AUX2CAR at http://www.SJGreatDeals.com . That was the cheapest I came up with after a cursory google search. You might find better.
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ndoyank » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:29 pm

Hay guys great post... I just purchased the ipod2car manufactured by peripheral electronics, but I believe it should be the same setup. In rdukes post it says that you need the adapter, which I have. The AB-TOY which i also have, but whats is the cable purchased from toyota do? I'm just wondering if id have to purchase this cable too.

Thanks
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:58 am

Check out the tut. listed in the first post ^^^^ for a party #.
It goes iPod (for you) to Aux2Car to AB-TOY to Toyota plug to stereo. The AB-TOY ends with a wide harness that still needs to get small and square to fit in the headunit. (Guess I should have shot a pick of the parts)

Now if anyone runs across the Toyota pinout and command set for a CD Changer, turn me on to it. I'm going to need to hack that last cable someday to get a PC to work with the head.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:05 am

Cool right up. This is definately better than those damn FM transmitters.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:04 pm

am i the only one having touble undoing the clips?
i somehow broke my cupholder haha
is tehre like a technique?
i can only get the left side with the emergency brake to unclip
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 am

Pull out the cupholder with pressure on the insides, pulling up. For the top plate start at the front and work back. So lemme guess, you busted the flip thingy in the cup holder, right?
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:20 am

haha exactly
and so if i take out the cupholder the passenger side would unclip more easily?
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby enzoshadow » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:54 pm

Anybody happened to save a copy of the picture from op?
enzoshadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:36 am

Oh, my bad. Imagestation went dead. I have the images and will rehost and edit the initial post.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby enzoshadow » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 am

Thank you so much! I really needed it!
enzoshadow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5