[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Remote start suggestions.....
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Remote start suggestions.....

Remote start suggestions.....

Postby GzNutz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 pm

I plan on installing a remote start system sometime this spring. Do any of you gen 2'ers have remote start or does anyone have any recommendations?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Remote start suggestions.....

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 pm

As an installer, I'd recommend anything from Viper, or compustar. There are a couple of other decent brands out there, but those two are my favorite. I personally have one of each....a compustar two-way alarm starter in my solara, and a viper two-way alarm starter in my Maxima. I love both systems. Just make sure whoever does the installation uses a proper bypass module....either from Fortin, or idatalink. These modules "learn" you key, as opposed to the old-school kind that require you to keep one key locked away in a box hidden somewhere in the car under the dash.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

those would sure be useful in cold winters or hot summers!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes! I have a viper 350hv (cant remember) but I bought the
model without the 2 way transmitter, just a key fob style

I found out a long time ago that one drop of the keys and its time for a new remote.
the displays are easily broken.

plus I went viper because there reputation
and the remotes are easy to get and not too pricey if broken.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5