[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - REVERSE CAMERA ISSUE
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

REVERSE CAMERA ISSUE

REVERSE CAMERA ISSUE

Postby mabberley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks to all the info on this forum I installed a cheap EBay reverse camera on my 04 Solara convertible. It was bascially plug and play using a discontinued Eclipse adapter that converts the 4 pin in the back of the nav to a yellow female video plug.
Worked well for a total cost of under $50. The $18 so called waterproof camera filled up with water during the Irene hurricane heavy rain.
So I decided to upgrade to the Boyo VTL425 camera. A real nice quality unit.
Had to splice into the Video cable and used the existing reverse light and ground connection.The white wire from the camera was not used.
Works like a charm except the image has not reversed.
After calling Boyo tech support they told me to connect the white from the nav unit to the black on the camera which is the ground wire. Image remained un-reversed.
I then opened up the dash and used the Boyo wiring with exactly the same results.
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.
mabberley
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5