[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nav unit PnP JBL
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Nav unit PnP JBL

Nav unit PnP JBL

Postby alky181 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I found this http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/product ... _RAV4.html . This is suppose to replace my JBL to Navigation with even TPS monitoring. Its all plug and play and your controls on the steering wheel will still work too. Has anyone tried this before? I want to make sure this is all true. I have a 2007 Solara SLE 2.4L.

Jeff
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Nav unit PnP JBL

Postby Aotoyota » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:11 am

sounds too good to be true,

the tv tuner is analog so it wont work with US tv broadcasts
GPS is questionable to me if its not sold in the US, or it could be really half assed.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alky181 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:28 pm

I found this one. I can get this one for $650.00 and its sold in the US. http://myrondavisnavigationsystem.blogs ... 5tyu1.html
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alky181 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 pm

BTW, I had Dynaudio in my TC. They were about 14 years old and had finally died.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 pm

myron and davis arent that bad if u can get it at a good price.

and for your other speaker question. get some more dynaudios, nobody ever comes back after listening
to a set.

might consider a DIY kit.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alky181 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:51 pm

The Myron Davis won't work with the Bluetooth controls. I called and talked to them. Shelling out $600.00 for Dynaudio components is a lot. They do sound great. Unfortunately, my tweeters would always blow. Even using the ceramic resistor Dynaudio told me to buy. :(
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5