[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - tweeter placement...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

tweeter placement...

tweeter placement...

Postby ballistik101 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

i plan on swappin out my stock speakers with a pair of component speakers in my 04 solara but not sure where to place the tweeters. i really dont want to mess with the dash and replacing them where the stock ones layed. i was thinking about either:

A) getting kick panels and putting em all in there
B) putting them next to the speaker behind the door panel
C) flush mounting the tweeter on the door panel

i like the idea of flush mounting them, but not the fact of drilling a hole in the panels. for those that swapped out the stock speakers and upgraded to components, how/where did you place your tweeters? or where may be the best place for palcement of the tweeters?

thanx ppl
ballistik101
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xan16 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm

I have the premium JBL system that comes with tweeters stock and they are a few inches above the midrange speakers in my door panels. Don't put them in kick panels, its a bad idea, they should be fairly close to your head.
2000 Solara SE V6. Autumn Red Mica
[ Eibach lowering springs | Tokico struts | 17x8 wheels | custom exhaust | tint | etc... ]
xan16
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ballistik101 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:36 pm

i heard it was best to place em as close as possible for good sound imaging. too far will give u a delay in sound. in my civic the woofers were placed in the lower panel and the tweeters were placed in the upper part of the door panel and it sounded pretty good, and that was the stock position.
ballistik101
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Mon May 05, 2008 7:29 pm

heard it was best to place em as close as possible for good sound imaging.

usally thats true but not for the solara. i had the kickpanels for a while and the stage wasn't very stable. no matter what or where I pointed, the car didnt like it.. so I got them molded into the a-pillar.

behind the grille is also bad idea. that grille is way too closed and will block out a bunch of stuff.

just some food for thought...
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ballistik101 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:40 pm

what about drilling a hole in the grille and flush mounting em? but i think ima flush mount em in door panel
ballistik101
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 pm

drilling a hole in grille might work if you can make it look good. just making it flush into the grille is bad since they will be pointing toward the floor.

i use to think closer is better but i think differently once i started
to try different tweeter placements in the car. i would say, but a roll
of double stick tape and start experiments everywhere, find out what you like.

cheers
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby iinokturnolii » Thu May 08, 2008 10:27 pm

you can do it like me, mount them on the door panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFO21YqZxk
iinokturnolii
Exotic Herb Sampler
Exotic Herb Sampler

Postby ballistik101 » Sun May 11, 2008 1:24 pm

iinokturnolii wrote:you can do it like me, mount them on the door panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFO21YqZxk

thats exactly where i wanna place my tweeters. how the sound of it placed there?

and Aotoyota, thats not a bad idea wit the double sided tape
ballistik101
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 pm

ballistik~ be smart about it and use the tape to setup what YOU like, don't listen to us here! keep us updated
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5