[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - coaxial question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

coaxial question

coaxial question

Postby Sodbuster » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm gonna yank the 6x9s out of my 04 solara and put in some 6.5s: my question is what should i look for. I'm thinking of something in a two way. I liked the Boston s65s I heard in store, but I read reviews and people don't seem to be very impressed with them for the price.

Right now I have an alpine 9885 HU hooked up to the stock amp and a 12w6v2 with a bx1000D Hifonics amp pushing it.

I know components would sound better, but i'm not really interested in taking the time to put all of that together. I had a set of pioneer coaxials in the front and sony's in the back of my old bonneville and the difference was night and day from stock, so I'm not really looking for component suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Sodbuster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jakecallun20 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Not a big fan of Boston equipment myself, but hey thats my opinion. My rear deck, I used Kicker speakers 6x9s and they sound beautiful.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:32 am

I love Boston Acoustics (I personally had two pairs of Z6s in my Solara and just replaced my Alpine Type Rs with a pair of SL65s in my Supra), but the S series is their lowest end series, and there are definitely better out there for the price...

For good bang for the buck I always say take a look at Alpine Type S, Infinity Reference, Eclipse SE, Polk db... Of those, the Alpine and Eclipse will probably give the best quality, while the Infinity / Eclipse would give the highest output (non-amped). You could also step up to the SX series of Boston Acoustics which would follow along with those above...
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sodbuster » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:31 am

theprodigy79 wrote:I love Boston Acoustics (I personally had two pairs of Z6s in my Solara and just replaced my Alpine Type Rs with a pair of SL65s in my Supra), but the S series is their lowest end series, and there are definitely better out there for the price...

For good bang for the buck I always say take a look at Alpine Type S, Infinity Reference, Eclipse SE, Polk db... Of those, the Alpine and Eclipse will probably give the best quality, while the Infinity / Eclipse would give the highest output (non-amped). You could also step up to the SX series of Boston Acoustics which would follow along with those above...

yes, I think i saw you mention the infinity speakers in another thread. I had a set of polk subs in my bonneville, so I may look into them. I don't think there are any shops around here that carry the infinity or eclipse speakers, so I may have to spend some time in Nashville: I'd like to hear them first. Thanks!
Sodbuster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5