[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - AVIC-D3 install questions
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

AVIC-D3 install questions

AVIC-D3 install questions

Postby Truffles » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 pm

I had a Pioneer AVIC-D3 installed in my 2006 Convertible a couple of months ago and I have a couple of questions.

I was having alternator whine.. so they added noise suppressors and that helped. It seems to he happening with Toyota vehicles in general.

My current dilemma is regarding the factory speakers. Are the rear speakers for bass only? I can't set up the AVIC D3 with Subwoofer Off without it sounding real nasty. For some reason having subwoofer turned on helps alot with overall sound quality.
2006 Solara Convertible
Cosmic Blue
Beige Top
Truffles
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby XEusioN » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 am

What do you mean sounds "real nasty"?
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8
2004 Toyota Solara SE
7.1L - 12 Cylinders :: 442hp/488lb-ft
XEusioN
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Truffles » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:06 am

The rear speakers don't sound as vibrant as the front. The fader control from front to back doesn't seem to help either. If the fader control is centered, the sound is deadened. I have to set it more to the front for the sound to improve.

When I set the D3 to sub-woofer for rear speaker output.. it sounds much better but it does take away my fader ability.
2006 Solara Convertible
Cosmic Blue
Beige Top
Truffles
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby [SMAN] » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 am

Is there an amp? it allmost sounds like the speakers might be wired out of phase, and thus cancleing each other out.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby XEusioN » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:25 pm

I have my D3 set for the rear outputs to be just speakers and it sounds fine. The subwoofer on/off feature controls the pre-out lead that goes to my sub amp, but it don't make my rears sound worse.

I would double check your wiring.
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8
2004 Toyota Solara SE
7.1L - 12 Cylinders :: 442hp/488lb-ft
XEusioN
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5