[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2

Postby theprodigy79 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 am

If you have the JBL system you have the setup above. If you have the base system you only have four 6x9s (no dash speakers). Only the convertibles have the subwoofer.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 am

theprodigy79 wrote:If you have the JBL system you have the setup above. If you have the base system you only have four 6x9s (no dash speakers). Only the convertibles have the subwoofer.

The page shows our lowly SEs get tweeters if we have the JBL, but I thought we had some...vibrating noise coming from the area. If our setups sounds pretty good with only 4 6x9 speakers... that means the JBL must sound awesome.

On another note, from looking on Jeff's link, think our Coupe's could be converted from a 4 (or 6) speaker setup to an 8 speaker setup just by changing a little Toyota plastic. Simply put, imagine putting up the Rear Sound from Convertible and Coupe together minus the middle Subwoofer.

:sweet:
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby liltimmy1313 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 am

I dunno i am really confused.
i have an '04 SLE with the JBL sound system, but i dont have those speakers in the back seats. :(

I dont know if i have the subwoofer now.

Was there a different set up in 04 or do i just have a solara defect.
2004 Toyota Solara V6 SLE, stock

but not for long :D

http://liltimmy1313.deviantart.com/art/ ... R-97881991
liltimmy1313
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby crispone » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 am

Soooooo...

The system has been GREAT since I got it "sorted out"... but I always DID intend to do this project in "phases", and considered where I've been as a "stepping stone" to better "AUDIOPHILIA". (Sounds almost DIRTY.... HA HA HA!!!)

...anyway... I looked over a set of JL ZR 6.5 components today... and I think I might want to give them a try up front.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF:

Okay... so that's in the rear deck, but I put the same Memphis 15-MC92 6x9's in the front. They are still driven by my trusty old Orion 2125 SX, which really brings them to life.

^^^ This thing really rocks the highs and stages well up front!

I'm also looking at removing the mediocre cap setup and getting a system battery.

Wondering if any of you have experience or opinion on the JL ZR 6.5's...

-crisp
:evilbat: :drinking:

^^^ That's from the longer thread... but those are 6x9's in an '04 SE V6. Not in the "back seats", but in the REAR DECK. (I don't know about the convertibles...)

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby dronek1975 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm

theprodigy79 wrote:If you have the JBL system you have the setup above. If you have the base system you only have four 6x9s (no dash speakers). Only the convertibles have the subwoofer.

thanks for info i'm going to replace factory speakers on my 04 V6 SE
dronek1975
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby robot-ebobot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:36 am

Does anybody knows the exact tech-specs of stock SLE front door (86160-0W760) JBL speackers (like power RMS, resistance and so on)?
robot-ebobot
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 am

holy old thread batman. But I am sure someone knows. Once removed you could probbably just test it with a Multi-meter.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 pm

robot-ebobot wrote:Does anybody knows the exact tech-specs of stock SLE front door (86160-0W760) JBL speackers (like power RMS, resistance and so on)?

In regards to resistance specs, peep this thread: http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=ohm
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby Savoiskiy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I have a pair of 8" Hertz HX200 subs that have perfect parameters for free-air installations. They were intended for my brother's BMW but now it's only Solara waiting for them since my brother has a family. But the problem is that Solara has torsion bars right under the speakers and if i remove them, the trunk will fall on my head. Has anyone discovered a way to solve this problem?
'05 SE Sport: Front Strut Brace, Rear Sway Bar, Lowering Springs, Axle-Back Exhaust, All TRD
Soon: 18" Work VS-XX Rims, Injen Intake and more goodies!
Savoiskiy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2

Postby Diosh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Could anybody tell me what the demension of each speaker in a 2007 Solara SE WITHOUT the JBL system?
Diosh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2

Postby NewShockerGuy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:31 am

My wife's SE has 6x9" speakers up front, 2" tweeters in the dash, and in the rear convertible she has 6 1/2" in the rear passenger area. I am swapping the fronts and rears. The fronts are horrible paper type really cheap speakers... Rear's don't look too bad but I figured with the stock headunit and NO amp the two speakers I chose are these has to be better than stock. I am only changing the speakers since I removed here interior to put on window tint.

Fronts:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R169X2 ... 169X2.html

Rears:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R165X3 ... 165X3.html

Plus I was concerned with the fronts being too long or I would have probably spent more but the clearance from the window had me concerned. The above will work and not hit the window when it's rolled down.

-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5