[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Best navigation system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Best navigation system

Best navigation system

Postby magic77 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm looking for some insight on what the best navigation system. I have been looking at different ones and I was going to get the Pioneer AVIC-D1. But, now I have been looking other brands. Does anyone have any ideas?
magic77
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solaris » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:14 pm

i have a portable tomtom go 700 i can put on any car. cost me 699. great gps and i dont have to remove my stock HU...
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:54 pm

I remember Pioneer in-dashs aren't able to be overridden for driving/watching dvd's at the same time, so I'm not too sure on that decision.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cam2Xrunner » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:06 am

Eclipse AVN5435

No if's ands or butts. :D

It's a direct plug in to the factory wiring, and it's pretty much the same as factory. But it plays DVD's and is better for sound quality. Has a 9 band parametric EQ too.
cam2Xrunner
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 am

AVIC-D1, i have it..
yeah.. driver can't watch any video while car is in motion...
in fact, some nav functions r disable while u drive.
just like factory nav system
and i heard it's very hard to by pass it.
since it required to tap a wire to ur speed sensor,
also the system is linked to GPS...
very hard to bypass it.
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby juicedsolara » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:50 am

i've heard of someone bypassing the pioneers, but i don't know how they would without voiding the gps capability. The pioneers actually have a gyroscope inside the external brain. This is part of what senses motion, and turns, and hills.

I'm not sure if the double din pioneer has the external gyroscope or not.
juicedsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5