[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Radar Detector in Front Compartment
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Radar Detector in Front Compartment

Radar Detector in Front Compartment

Postby cklinh » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:48 pm

michaels artic frost wrote:
I've got my radar/laser detector underneath the dash as well and it's coming thru the small compartment below the climate controls.

-M 8)

I guess this would be directed at Michael (it got lost in that other thread about the USA SPEC). I was thinking about installing a radar detector at the same location too... but doesn't it drastically reduce the range of the detector to have it installed that low? Or do you have one that has a separate sensor that you routed elsewhere?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cklinh » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:22 pm

aw... crap... I swore I put this in Aftermarket... but I guess, in a screwed up kinda way, radar detectors can be considered "Navigation"? :drinking:

Please move if it's not :)
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:37 am

I should have been clearer on that issue bro. What I was referring to is that I have the radar on my dash and I've got the wiring underneath the dash and it comes thru the small compartment to plug into the cigarette lighter. This way, there's no wiring showing.

There are a few radars that do have sensors you can mount at the front/back of your car; I personally haven't used any.

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 am

Thanks for clarifying... that may also have to be the route I take...
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5