[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby Akui » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:56 pm

solaris wrote:the connector looks just like this one: (bottom left)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wCzfgN7Tbf ... lay=XL#Tab

Hey Guys,

Hope I'm not too late in getting in on this thread. I'm also looking for a good way to connect my DAP to my stock HU. Thing is I have a 2000 Solara w/ JBL system. Crutchfield lists my car as being compatible with the device, but the linked posted above shows a connector that doesn't look like the second input on my HU. Crutchfield's "Installation Details" lists that there are no adapters required or they are included. I figure I'll drop them a line, but I thought I might be able to ask you guys here first.
Akui
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby skadoo323 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:47 pm

when i ordered mines it came with a wire harness that plugs into the slot where the external cd changer would plug into. i have a stock jobl in dash changer and it def works with this.
skadoo323
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jaw3000 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:26 am

I'm considering purchasing this for use with a 2005 Convertible, and finally getting Sirius to connect to it. I'm assuming this would work. I want to do an install similar to this previous post (which used XM): http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... =satellite

Does anyone have a link to some install pictures, and installation instructions for the aux input? I'm trying to figure out wether I should attempt this, or have it professionally installed, so pictures help!

Also, a side question: Does anyone have any experience using a Sirius antenna in the dashboard on the Solara convertible? Everyone is telling me I should place it on the trunk, but it would look so much better in the dash, so I'm trying to get a consensus on reception issues.

Thanks for your help!
-Jeff
Jaw3000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jack Soulfire » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:09 am

Jaw3000 wrote:I'm considering purchasing this for use with a 2005 Convertible, and finally getting Sirius to connect to it. I'm assuming this would work. I want to do an install similar to this previous post (which used XM): http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... =satellite

Does anyone have a link to some install pictures, and installation instructions for the aux input? I'm trying to figure out wether I should attempt this, or have it professionally installed, so pictures help!

Also, a side question: Does anyone have any experience using a Sirius antenna in the dashboard on the Solara convertible? Everyone is telling me I should place it on the trunk, but it would look so much better in the dash, so I'm trying to get a consensus on reception issues.

Thanks for your help!
-Jeff

There have been many tutorials for this product with very detailed pictured posted a few times. The installation takes less than 5 or 10 minutes. If you paid a store to install it you'd be throwing money away.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jaw3000 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:57 am

Jack Soulfire wrote:There have been many tutorials for this product with very detailed pictured posted a few times. The installation takes less than 5 or 10 minutes. If you paid a store to install it you'd be throwing money away.

I've searched this forum and haven't been able to find any tutorials or pictures. Can someone point me in a direction or provide some links? Thanks for your help!
Jaw3000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jack Soulfire » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:08 pm

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=12818

It's a 3 on a difficulty scale of 1-10.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:56 pm

Thought you were a moron for a minute there, but now I know what's throwing you... Check for the AUX2CAR install tutorials. Same procedure, different product. There's one with text, and another with pictures. Both are in the Gen2 Tutorial section which is still one page of threads so you can't miss them.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jaw3000 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:43 pm

down2thec wrote:Thought you were a moron for a minute there, but now I know what's throwing you... Check for the AUX2CAR install tutorials. Same procedure, different product. There's one with text, and another with pictures. Both are in the Gen2 Tutorial section which is still one page of threads so you can't miss them.

Ok, got it! Thanks!
Jaw3000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 04solarafanatic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:58 am

HI guys, I have an 04 solara with the stock non-JBL and non-Nav, is there anyone that hs installed a similar product to this? or even modified this one to work with our stock radio? Please let me know....thanks a bunch!!!!
04solarafanatic
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:28 pm

It comes down to if you have a CD changer port and I'm not sure if we ever established if the non-JBL has one or not. Anyone?... Anyone?... Beuller?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:38 am

i have yet to check.....ill look probably thursday or something
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby musicskate0 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:03 pm

When you install this, i assume you can control the volume of the aux inputs from your HU right?. Some aux's dont work like that, so i'm just making sure.
does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
musicskate0
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mik00725 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:04 pm

04solarafanatic wrote:HI guys, I have an 04 solara with the stock non-JBL and non-Nav, is there anyone that hs installed a similar product to this? or even modified this one to work with our stock radio? Please let me know....thanks a bunch!!!!

Like Solara fanatic and cRaCkeD oUt , I also have an non JBL non Navi. Will this work with our radio? Any body knows?

Thnaks!!
2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tacti » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 pm

I have iPod2Car, and was using it with stock head unit (No JBL/Nav)
and it worked great
one thing i noticed with iPod2Car, (and not sure with this product) is that its volume is a little smaller than when you play cds.
other than that, it is a great product, and the installation is really easy.

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby clarkncc » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:24 pm

mik00725 wrote:
04solarafanatic wrote:HI guys, I have an 04 solara with the stock non-JBL and non-Nav, is there anyone that hs installed a similar product to this? or even modified this one to work with our stock radio? Please let me know....thanks a bunch!!!!

Like Solara fanatic and cRaCkeD oUt , I also have an non JBL non Navi. Will this work with our radio? Any body knows?

Thnaks!!

You guys have the same car...with the same questions. Open your owners manual to page 147. We have a type 1 stereo system. ..flip to page 149 to see an explanation of controlling the disc changer. However, I wanted more proof...and I didn't really like the 'finger the hole' method discussed earlier.

Used the instructions provided in an earlier post to remove alot of panels...http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/pdf_files/ ... eRadio.pdf

Didn't unplug the top panel (with all the instruments)..just moved it over to the side....pulled the cd player out...went out to CC and purchased... the USA spec ....and plugged it in.

I didn't have the other cables to hook up the device to the USA spec...but to answer your question...so far so good.

Sorry for the long winded response..just wanted to be as clear as possible that owners of a 04 solara with non jbl non nav can use this device.

Thanks to all for posting this information with instructions, I've worked on domestic cars for systems in the past with no problems..but this being my first foreign car....I'd be lost without your guys help. Thanks!
2004 SE Sport V6 Coupe
clarkncc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5