[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

USA Spec Toyota-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFTOY)

Postby Dirtywater » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:53 pm

I want to use my iPod in my Solara, and possibly down the line get Sirius.

I have an '04 with factory nav. If I get this, can I still use it even though I have the nav?

This device sounds great for the money.
Dirtywater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:45 am

solaris wrote:you can buy that from CC or Bestbuy or Radioshack. Usually they're red and white. the other end must be a mini stereo plug. mine is yellow and black, coz that's for my digital camera, yellow for video and black for audio.

Hmm, so if this uses a dual RCA to mini stereo plug to connect to the IPOD, this unit does not also charge the IPOD like the IPOD2car and other more expensive units do. So you'd need to buy a car charger for the IPOD too.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:48 am

solaris wrote:this one shows you how long since you've switched to cd1

Doesn't really sound like a better display. :(
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:34 am

slingshot wrote:
solaris wrote:you can buy that from CC or Bestbuy or Radioshack. Usually they're red and white. the other end must be a mini stereo plug. mine is yellow and black, coz that's for my digital camera, yellow for video and black for audio.

Hmm, so if this uses a dual RCA to mini stereo plug to connect to the IPOD, this unit does not also charge the IPOD like the IPOD2car and other more expensive units do. So you'd need to buy a car charger for the IPOD too.

it's a trade off for the two inputs you have. sure with ipod2car you can control your ipod a little bit better, but you're pretty much stucked with it. with this unit you can put 2 devices (your ipod and additional mp3 player or sirius/xm tuner, or whatever you like) as long as you can plug it on the rca input. charging is not an issue for me coz one charge can last almost a week for me. and if i want to go for a long drive i'll just hook up my battery charger i already have anyway. for the price, i'd go for this one but it all depends on you....just my $0.02... 8)

btw, does ipod2car let you set your ipod's equalizer? i'm just curious...
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:40 am

You can set the IPOD equalizer on the IPOD and you'll hear the difference when playing back. I'm sure any IPOD connection to your radio will act the same.
The IPOD2CAR mostly acts like a nice dual controller/charger but lately it's getting a bit flaky with me. I have to hit keys multiple times to get it to do what I want it to do (start playing or next song) when starting the car and afterward it acts normal. It also requires setting the volume 10 higher than the radio volume.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 am

When I go to the Crutchfield site and enter my car info and say navigation, it says it doesn't work with it. What's up with that? I have a cd changer port.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 am

slingshot wrote:When I go to the Crutchfield site and enter my car info and say navigation, it says it doesn't work with it. What's up with that? I have a cd changer port.

same thing w/ me. i just ignored it and went ahead and bought the adapter and just like what Michael said, it works... :)
as long as you have the same port as the jbl premium w/out nav, then i dont think there will be problem...
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:32 pm

solaris wrote:same thing w/ me. i just ignored it and went ahead and bought the adapter and just like what Michael said, it works... :)
as long as you have the same port as the jbl premium w/out nav, then i dont think there will be problem...

Well, you don't have the Nav. I don't know if the Nav radio's cd changer port is the same as the non-Nav radio's cd changer port and it might be different. Can someone post a pic of the end of the cable that plugs in? Do you have to adjust the volume up alot?
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:45 pm

the connector looks just like this one: (bottom left)

link not working anymore...
Last edited by solaris on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Lone Solara » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Is the CD changer cable already plugged in the HU, or do we have to install it ? I took apart my glove box this weekend (I installed the CP-e - oh yeah, now I'm addicted to it), so I'd like to know if I should wait re-installing the glove box until I get the adapter, or if I have to take apart the center console for that. Thanks !

Not that it matters that much. Since I installed the CP-e on Saturday, I've turned off the music, and I keep listening to the music coming from under the hood. I pity my neighbours.
2006 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Lunar Mist Metallic
Dark Stone Interior
Black Top
K&N air filter
Lone Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 am

solaris wrote:the connector looks just like this one: (bottom left)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wCzfgN7Tbf ... lay=XL#Tab

That's the exact cable I got to connect to the IPOD2CAR so I guess it is the same port (nav and non-nav radios). So the cable that comes with the DFTOY has that end already? That's great.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solaris » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:10 am

slingshot wrote:
solaris wrote:the connector looks just like this one: (bottom left)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wCzfgN7Tbf ... lay=XL#Tab

That's the exact cable I got to connect to the IPOD2CAR so I guess it is the same port (nav and non-nav radios). So the cable that comes with the DFTOY has that end already? That's great.

yes, actually they have both... :)
solaris
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:15 am

So what does the track time display show when it's on the Aux input? I know it's a minor thing, just curious. I may upgrade to this and Ebay my AUX2Car. Might break even.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jack Soulfire » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:25 am

I've never done any car audio installation myself before today, never took apart a dash etc. With the tutorials on here I Installed this today in less than 10 minutes. The only trouble I had was getting the male plug from the adaptor to "snap" into place. I kept pushing hard and without being able to see back there I thought I might be trying a wrong hole etc. Eventually I heard it finally click and happily put the console back together to test it out.

Works like a breeze. Tried the "loudness" eq on my iPod and it made everything sound like total ass. I switched back to no eq which is probably the best bet in any situation. EQ'ing on the iPod and then on the factory deck is way too much messing around with frequencies and turns the sound into mud. It's plenty loud for me with my iPod volume at 80% and my factory deck up close to max, and I usually play my music very loud on a regular basis.

Would highly recommend this for ease of installation, sound quality, and last but not least... cost.

:bday:
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jack Soulfire » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:28 am

down2thec wrote:So what does the track time display show when it's on the Aux input? I know it's a minor thing, just curious. I may upgrade to this and Ebay my AUX2Car. Might break even.

It displays CD1 or CD2 depending on which aux input you have selected and then the time just keeps counting up while you use it.

Good enough for me, I could care less what the display shows as long as it works well. I originally wanted something that would display song/artist text info etc but for 50 bucks I couldn't pass this up.
2006 V6 Solara SE Sport
Jack Soulfire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5