[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2004 Solara Front Console Box Modification?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2004 Solara Front Console Box Modification?

2004 Solara Front Console Box Modification?

Postby sidorg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:25 pm

Just got my 2004 Solara SLE V-6 with 6-CD JBL stereo. For now I'd like to keep the head unit stock, since I don't have time for a major stereo install.

I have a great 1DIN Rio MP3 headunit with harddrive that I'd like to connect to the JBL headunit, using an AUX adapter.

The real question is, where do I mount my 2nd headunit?

I thought about modifiying that Front Console Box under the JBL stereo and front seat heater controls. It looks like its wide enough to fit a 1 DIN headunit, and would still have room in the bottom half to put things.

Can anyone confirm if it will fit a 1DIN headunit (obviously some cutting of the console box would be needed). Any brackets I would need, etc?

Thanks for any insight.

George
sidorg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pianist » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:41 pm

indeed a one din headunit will fit inside. you have a lot of room to play with behind the console if you remove it and take a look at whats behind it.
pianist
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:57 am

Yes, a single-din unit will fit in there with a bit of work. We have a few members who have fit 6.5" screens in there without any modification (I believe), and they are around the same width as a 1-din. If you already have the unit (I believe you said you do), you may want to go ahead and simply use it for measurement. As far as brackets go... I'm not familiar with an actual Rio headunit, but assuming it's a standard 1-din configuration you may want to just use the brackets that came with it and custom make something to rig to the sides of the compartment... shouldn't be much work at all, just make sure its stable and level.

Both of you should also post in our Introductions forum, tell us a bit about yourselves!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:33 pm

You can fit a 1 din headunit in there, however from what I came across upoin the diassembling of my console and dash is that the console has to [most likely] be removed. I say this because when I tried some measurements, the back of the unit (it was a Pioneer DEH-P80MP) touched the folding mechanism in the console. So the only way to get that to fit was to cut off the mechanism and not a have the folding cover anymore. Maybe there is a custom way to mount it like Prodigy said, but I wasn't too down on having a large black open storage compartment.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5