[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stupid Dealershit Service!!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Stupid Dealershit Service!!

Stupid Dealershit Service!!

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:35 pm

So I come back from a short trip up north this weekend and find I've developed a rattle in the rear-end suspension along the way. I jack up the car and check all my RSB connections and everything else I can reach - which all check out fine... rattle still there every little bump of section of rough road... annoying as hell.

I make an apt. at the dealershit (Carson Toyota - where I've bought my cars, but their service sucks) - take it in and tell them what happening. About an hour later the service writer comes into the waiting room and tells me that they couldn't fix my car because I have after-market parts on it and I need to take it back to whoever installed those parts to have it looked at.

I told him there were only TRD part installed - by myself and they were checked-out all in perfect working condition just yesterday. He continued to say that the noise was coming from my after-market muffler - and that the rattle is there when you rev the engine so that has to be it - and since its an after-market muffler, its not covered under warranty.

You can just imagine the look on my face as the blood started to boil at this point... :evil:

I told him to get the service technician to show this phenomenon to me in front of him - which he got the guy and they walked me out to the car - in the exact spot it was moved to when I first brought it in. (I knew they hadn't test-driven the car at all at this point). The asss-clown then proceeds to start up the car and rev the engine a few times and says "hear that rumble?" - to which I said "Yeah - that's what a performance muffler sounds like! You've never heard one before?" Sheezes... :-?

I asked if he even drove it around the parking lot and he said no - that he heard the muffler and stopped there. I made him take it out about 50 ft and over a couple speed bumps where everyone could hear the rattling suspension from where we were standing - to which he promptly took it in to the service bay.

I mean, WTF???!!!! I know this is the kind of crap we have to deal with - but how about using a LITTLE logic here and at least test drive the friggin car before dismissing a customer's complaint!! Holy SHITT!! :x

Anyway - after making my point and the service guys look like major idiots in front of everybody, they were able to tighten up the rear strut mounts (why they were loose in the first place is beyond me!) and sent me on my way...

I was just glad that I hadn't dropped off the car and instead waited for it so I could take care of it right then and there.

What fumbducks!! :roll:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby dvdchris45 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:46 pm

loll service writers are morons...shouldnt applicants have some knowledge of cars before they apply for a position of that sort? The guy you had mustve have been TRULY clueless...you would think working at a toyota dealer you'd know what TRD stand for.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:47 pm

I wish car companies would hold dealers to a higher standard. Unfortunately, there's too many.

It sucks that we all have to put up with that kind of shite. Sad...
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:48 pm

dvdchris45 wrote:loll service writers are morons...shouldnt applicants have some knowledge of cars before they apply for a position of that sort? The guy you had mustve have been TRULY clueless...you would think working at a toyota dealer you'd know what TRD stand for.

New meaning for TRD: Truly Ridiculous Dealer
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:50 pm

you're absolutely right. your service guys there are morons.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:50 pm

EXACTLY!! :roll:

I told him I got all my TRD parts at their service counter (well - only the RSB in reality - but they'd sell them there anyways and the parts guy and I go way back to my Tundra days so he'd vouch for me) - so the only non-TRD performance part I have installed right now is the Injen intake - which they didn't pop the hood, but it shouldn't matter anyways.

The service writer was almost as clueless as the stupid technician!! Makes you really wonder just what kind of chimps they have working on your cars at the dealershit!! :o

The signs say they don't want you in the service area because of liability ins. reasons, but you know its because they don't want the customers to watch them fuk up your ride!! :x
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:58 pm

At least you wernt like mine. The guy at my place took my car for 3 hours. PULLED hard it on it when all I told them why my CEL light was on, and gaved me an excuse that my supercharger was causing the light and my custom exhaust wasnt design for the car..... Uhhhhh ok? Its call R&D bitch...

When something goes wrong with my car stock or not, I take it to a rep car tuner shop.

When I say pull hard on it, I mean they had two fat moto f-ers in it hitting near redline shift thing crap. I know they did it because my car was pounding HOT when I saw it and My gas drop badly!! ( I get 15 ish miles a gallon so I would know a cruise from a hard floor)
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Well - once my car is out of warranty, it will not see another dealershit service center.

As it is, I wouldn't let any dealershit change the oil in my car - not even if it was a Ford or some other POS!! :roll:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:14 am

Damn... Sorry to hear about that. I personally know the cashier AND the service manager at Puente Hills Toyota, plus Jackass-Jeff is an employee of Longo Toyota, but I'm sure you don't want to drive out that far to City of Industry or El Monte for something either. It's not what you know, but who you know.

Besides, sorry to burst your bubble, but shouldn't this be in "Horrible Dealer/Service Rants" section, or are you being sarcastic (understandable)?
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:19 am

wow i guess you were just bad luck to have a idiot serving you. carson toyota is actually very known as the dealer supports aftermarket parts (i think there is one individual tried hard to promote it)
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:44 am

Turbosolara wrote:wow i guess you were just bad luck to have a idiot serving you. carson toyota is actually very known as the dealer supports aftermarket parts (i think there is one individual tried hard to promote it)

Well, yes - in fact I personally know the Fleet/Internet Sales Manager, and have dealt with the Parts Manager for years, but for some reason, I've always had probs with their service dept!!

And yeah - I really meant to put this in the "other" Dealer forum - LOL!! :o

But I guess as a dealer - Carson Toyota is great - except for the goofy service. I would prolly chalk it up to a one-time thing, but this is one of SEVERAL bad service experiences there. I can't say that any one Toyota dealershit service dept has been absolutely stellar to me over the years, but I've had the best luck to date at Toyota of Orange and North County Toyota in Anaheim - at least with my Tundra and previous Camry.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:23 am

I only let another toyota enthusiast tech touch my car (the tech swapped a 3s motor in his 6th gen celica....). I appreciate that he advises real advise, not mombo-jumbo. Sorry to hear about your experience...take to another dealership...if the other dealer makes a fuss...tell them you installed the trd parts at another dealership!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Whatever » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:12 am

hahaha how did he even get that job?
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ford_Fixorrepairdaily » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Dont take your car to Longo Toyota..they're loaded with fumbducks..

Esp the Service Department and the techs will take your car out for joy ride when they get a chance, esp if you drive a nice car.
Ford_Fixorrepairdaily
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:34 pm

^^ Uh, this is digging up a really old thread.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants