[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - F/S: 4 Piston BIG Brake Kit for Camry/Solara
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

F/S: 4 Piston BIG Brake Kit for Camry/Solara

Postby sydemoid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:50 pm

yawns....

I just wanna know how much it is for the brackets n hardware.... I plan on either getting my own calipers (I think I know what car they are from), or going with wilwood calipers (similar layout, and should work with the bracket).

My sources aren't around anymore, and I had made an attempt to create something similar in the past, with no luck.

So...
1) Kudos, thumbs up on creating it, and getting it ready for use.
2) It would in fact help those interested to know what parts they are getting, we are a community that thrives on sharing information, but if it is beneficial to those interested, you give the feeling of just being in it for a quick $$ (sorry, not to seem negative, but many here have been victimized in the past).
3) Yeah business is business, and I myself would have held back on some info, but atleast hit up your possible customers, and even if I had to have them agree to a non disclosure agreement, I'd happily set their minds at ease by relaying the info. We all love to upgrade our vehicles, so they portray many facets of our being, and options are abound.... let's crack open the box, and explore, and everyone will benefit in the long run.

I'm not gonna hate, they look sexy, and will do a great job... can't beat the price for its performance gain.... so I give my Homie a bump, and tip my hat, he may have actually made a breakthrough, it deserves to be acknowledged.
Geeks get it done, while Nerds whimper and call for mommie.
sydemoid
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 am

^ If it were me who put this kit together I'd tell everyone what to use but I'm a man of my word and can't possibly give this guys info up. FYI, I'm not making 1 cent off this, simply doing this for my boy since he hooked me up and I'm in turn trying to hook everyone else up with a very good performing BBK. If you wanna see how it looks and performs in person, hit me up and we'll definitely meet up...I'll try to bring my boy who put this bbk together.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kenny6683 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 am

my friend has a S14 240sx with 4 piston calipers and that car stops like a ferrari...right on a dime. i would recommend this kit since i have felt the stopping power and its night and day compared to stock. i do also think it would be a smarter idea to just sell the brackets instead and let everyone else find there own calipers and parts...u make more money that way since no one is willing to put out $650 + just like that. some spend a lot of money on engine parts like S/C and such but forget the most important...brakes!
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 am

tyrone i track my car, so does bbq bob, & gabes bbk does a great job, i would also need to know what the calipers & rotors were off of before i ever considered buying one, and i would want matching rear brake setup............... :drinking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLigAQIFzw
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Ok, here are my thoughts:

1. Like Gabe said on the first page, it's not hard to tell what year
model and make the calipers are from by looking at the pics.

2. Those brackets don't look like they were well engineered at all.
Not to be harsh, but really. It looks like someone cut out a piece of
paper and put some bolts through it as a proof of concept, decided it
would work, and traced the shape onto some steel plate.
It doesn't look like they tried very hard.

3. There is no way this kit is worth $650. That is crazy.
Tell the guy that he needs to give up on making this as a kit.
Make some nice brackets and sell them with information on which calipers fit them.

4. For god's sake man, make some decent looking and functioning brackets.
I would never pay this much for something that looks like that.
It doesn't matter how well it works. Have some pride in your work, and
make quality pieces, otherwise forget about it.

Just my thoughts. GLWS!!! :-?
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:14 pm

jetbtkng wrote:tyrone i track my car, so does bbq bob, & gabes bbk does a great job, i would also need to know what the calipers & rotors were off of before i ever considered buying one, and i would want matching rear brake setup............... :drinking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLigAQIFzw

I ran it by him and a rear brake setup won't be made Frank, sorry

99BlackSandv6 wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts:

1. Like Gabe said on the first page, it's not hard to tell what year
model and make the calipers are from by looking at the pics.

3. There is no way this kit is worth $650. That is crazy.
Tell the guy that he needs to give up on making this as a kit.
Make some nice brackets and sell them with information on which calipers fit them.

Dayumn! Why are you getting so worked up about these brackets? And please do not turn around and try to deny it after you said "for God's sake" and everything else. If you truly don't like them, then don't buy them! Being this kit is on my car I take pride in this BBK's looks and performance, so I know first hand its fool proof and I can stop quicker than you any day of the week. (There's some bragging you don't hear everyday lol). Instead of being such a hater, you should give this guy props for taking the initiative in putting together a real BBK that works great. You really shouldn't take this toll when you're personally selling a product that doesn't offer any true gain in performance or looks if its under your hood 95% of the time. In reference to price, you mean to tell me that a bent plate of metal costs $80? Really man? You see how we could all hate if we wanted to BUT instead I gave you props for taking the initiative to make a mod for our cars. What can I say? Not all of us can show love? In your case, you're simply a hater. End of story!
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ASG14 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Also, before Tyrone had these, they WERE on another Solara (I saw the car 1st hand).
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Sorry Speedy, I just wanted to say that the brackets look kinda cheap.
Also, I think the maker could sell just the bracket a lot more easily than the whole setup.
While making more profit, and taking less effort to source parts and rebuild calipers etc.
Additionally, if the brackets looked nicer (like they were made more professionally) I would be interested in the kit.
I'm sure your setup is a stronger one than my stock brakes. I wasn't even talking about functionality.
I shouldn't have been as negative as I was. However, I stick with what I said.
Sorry to be such a hater, it's just my opinion. We all have 'em and some of 'em stink.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm

99BlackSandv6 wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts:

3. ....Make some nice brackets and sell them with information on which calipers fit them.

That's a really funny post:

Sold probably 100's. VERY common upgrade for the Gen.2 4Runner Look closely at the brackets. :o

Here's a common one on Ford 9"er's. the 9 is a brute for punishment. Again look closely at the brackets. :o

The ONLY reason Gabe's looks so "engineered" is because EricSol originally produced it and "Thankfully" Gabe picked up the ball and ran with it and reproduced it for us.
As long as it works and there are no fitment issues, who cares what it looks like.
I'll bet Nascar has the same flat plate "look".
I purchased a 9" from Currie Engineering. Locked, Chromolly gusseted and webbed, Wilwood Dynalites, ect....they had the same looking bracket.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

strange how one can make a comment on the quality of a product from a single picture of the item in question from a single angle....
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 pm

There's nothing wrong with flat brackets. I was referring to there "rough draft" shape. They don't look finished to me.
Again, I'm sure they are perfectly functional, but they don't look nice. Is no one else seeing that?

I shouldn't have started this argument. :agrue:
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

99BlackSandv6 wrote:I shouldn't have started this argument. :agrue:

It's your opinion.
This is a discussion.
There ARE NO HATERS.
We are JUST discussing them.
Jeez....I need a :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Last edited by JavaJoe_2 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThatVietGuy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

The resolution on the pic is already pretty crappy...
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ASG14 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm probably one of the only people that has seen this in person. They look fine in person. And have a smooth edge.

Plus, like the Ericsol (Gabe) brackets, they are behind the rotor, and out of sight.

Also, some of the pics in his original post are in my garage.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lightear » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Will the Supra 13" rotors work with these?
lightear
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5