[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Jp Performance Exhaust Pricing Update
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Jp Performance Exhaust Pricing Update

Jp Performance Exhaust Pricing Update

Postby EricSol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Here is an update on our pricing as of 2/20/2010;

$899 Headers and Y-Pipe

$699 3" catback

$1399 Complete Exhaust

The headers, y-pipe and cat-back are stainless steel. Included is a California compliant OBD2 high flow cat, lifetime warrantied Magnaflow muffler and CNC cut manifold flanges. The whole exhaust is ceramic coated. The website will be updated shortly with the correct current prices.

Thanks, Eric
Jp Performance
(714) 754-6977
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:10 pm

and to confirm as well, the y-pipe and collector on the y-pipe is also 3" right?
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby EricSol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

The collector on the Y is 2.5" for compatibility with other manufacturers catbacks. If you would like 3" just tell us when ordering.

Eye8Pussies wrote:and to confirm as well, the y-pipe and collector on the y-pipe is also 3" right?
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

really? interesting...I was always under the impression that the jpp setup was a 3" setup throughout.

good to know though
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby sarki » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:30 pm

I have a curiosity question. Why not get a OBX setup and save a significant amount of money?? What makes your product better?? Other than the Ceramic coating.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 pm

sarki wrote:I have a curiosity question. Why not get a OBX setup and save a significant amount of money?? What makes your product better?? Other than the Ceramic coating.

In the interest of keeping the peace please look here for the current discussion. Lest just keep this about the price drop and not have 3 pages of back and forth.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48324
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby EricSol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Nope, its a stepped system. We tried going to 3" asap and got the same peak numbers as a stepped system but with a massive bottom end loss. Turns out Toyota's like a lot of velocity up front near the motor. We have done other Toyota's besides the 1MZ and it seems to work that way on them all, supercharged or n/a. We have had customers install this exhaust system on stock 1MZ's with positive results even though it is sized for a s/c. The catback is all 3". What is happening is the secondary's (pipes after the primary's) are a critical extension of the primary's. Get this wrong and it kills the power curve until you are close to redline, get it right and you have a system that even works on a n/a motor. This really shows up on the torque curve, mine was more like a torque line with 200ft/lbs at 2000rpm.

Eye8Pussies wrote:really? interesting...I was always under the impression that the jpp setup was a 3" setup throughout.

good to know though
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Midias wrote:
sarki wrote:I have a curiosity question. Why not get a OBX setup and save a significant amount of money?? What makes your product better?? Other than the Ceramic coating.

In the interest of keeping the peace please look here for the current discussion. Lest just keep this about the price drop and not have 3 pages of back and forth.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48324

Thank you Midias. If i had the $$$ i would get the JPP. But i dont so i'll end it there.
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EricSol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I haven't seen the OBX personally but it seems the difference is we include a cali compliant high flow obd2 cat, Magnaflow muffler and the ceramic coating.
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:06 pm

I can say with no doubt that your product is better than the OBX and i love the fact so much R&D has gone into it. But for a guy like me, Its just a lot of money. Just to prevent this thread from becoming one long argument like the link Midias posted, Its the cost factor for most and not quality. Thanks Eric.

P.S my birthday is April 3rd.....LOL
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:48 pm

EricSol wrote:Nope, its a stepped system. We tried going to 3" asap and got the same peak numbers as a stepped system but with a massive bottom end loss. Turns out Toyota's like a lot of velocity up front near the motor. We have done other Toyota's besides the 1MZ and it seems to work that way on them all, supercharged or n/a. We have had customers install this exhaust system on stock 1MZ's with positive results even though it is sized for a s/c. The catback is all 3". What is happening is the secondary's (pipes after the primary's) are a critical extension of the primary's. Get this wrong and it kills the power curve until you are close to redline, get it right and you have a system that even works on a n/a motor. This really shows up on the torque curve, mine was more like a torque line with 200ft/lbs at 2000rpm.

Eye8Pussies wrote:really? interesting...I was always under the impression that the jpp setup was a 3" setup throughout.

good to know though

That's very interesting to know that most toyota engines need that back pressure close to the block to keep that bottom-end. kudos to you guys for that R&D :bday:
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:11 pm

they have wonderful products!!! I have the first 2az header from them!!!
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby EricSol » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:33 pm

They don't need back pressure but rather velocity. You need to keep the exhaust moving quickly. You have to really watch your primary and secondary sizing. Also the thermal coating helps by keeping the heat in the pipes (thinner hot air moves quicker and more freely then cold dense air) and as a side benefit lowers your under hood temps.

Eye8Pussies wrote:
EricSol wrote:Nope, its a stepped system. We tried going to 3" asap and got the same peak numbers as a stepped system but with a massive bottom end loss. Turns out Toyota's like a lot of velocity up front near the motor. We have done other Toyota's besides the 1MZ and it seems to work that way on them all, supercharged or n/a. We have had customers install this exhaust system on stock 1MZ's with positive results even though it is sized for a s/c. The catback is all 3". What is happening is the secondary's (pipes after the primary's) are a critical extension of the primary's. Get this wrong and it kills the power curve until you are close to redline, get it right and you have a system that even works on a n/a motor. This really shows up on the torque curve, mine was more like a torque line with 200ft/lbs at 2000rpm.

good to know though

That's very interesting to know that most toyota engines need that back pressure close to the block to keep that bottom-end. kudos to you guys for that R&D :bday:
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Jose at JP is awesome... I give these guys a lot of credit. LOVED this exhaust when I had my solara! It was also cool that they were willing to do group buy pricing back then- props!
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby jetbtkng » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

ya $2300 for an exhaust that should have only cost $1100-1300, to begin with, like i said before, the were the only game in town, and could charge as much as they wanted, & did.................. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5