[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - trade
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

trade

Postby eugene5786 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:13 pm

DatSRBoi Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know why but the way I learn to drive manuel tranny was watching them racing clips and all them racing movies. Then I put myself in the worst place to drive manuel and learn from there. And wolla I was only 14 when I learn to drive it good. Might help you but just think how youll feel when you go back to auto. You wont get any control over power.....Much.
try driving in manhatten, i wanna know how long your clutch can last there.
eugene5786
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solara562 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:15 am

I love to trade with you but too bad you live in NY and plus I'm not done paying off the car.
Toyota Image Honduh
Solara562
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:42 am

eugene5786 wrote:
try driving in manhatten, i wanna know how long your clutch can last there.

LOL....i learnt to drive M/t at the crowded streets of Bombay! :drinking:
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraT » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:45 am

DatSRBoi wrote:Your kind of right. All my life I wanted manuel, and not I got manuel transmission its kinda annoying for daily driving. Its only cool when your up to showing off or need hard core power

You must have started driving at 14 man! LOL

I know what you mean though.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby DatSRBoi » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:16 am

actually I drove when I was 12. That was automatic. Then I learn to drive manuel in a honda accord at 14. Now I have a solara manuel for daily and its killing me. Lucky I dont have a cell phone and a gf.....Or Id be screw talking and shifting at the same time. Even with wireless its a killer haha. I know what you need. Dont the 04 have triptonic shifters or what ever they call it? trade your car and get the 04 solara. That way you still get to shift and you cant really go wrong other then be in depth paying it off.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby ChargedSolara » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:45 pm

I will trade you my A/T solara..its just sitting in the garage nowadays cuz of the rainy weather here in California.you are in NY though..hmm..i've always liked the 5 speed solaras..i bought the A/T for conveneince but i bought a 95' integ 5speed as my commuter now so my solara is my weekend car, rather have a 5speed for that..
2008 C6 LS3
ChargedSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rudy » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:13 pm

JESUS CHRIST IT'S MANUAL. sorry...

Either way, dont listen to him, learning from racing videos is probably the WORST way to learn how to drive stick.

I learned to drive on my solara, and the best advice i can give you is to take it to a parking lot and just put in first gear and give it some gas, let out the clutch slowly till you feel the engagement point, then put it back in. Rinse, repeat, over and over and over again until you know that engagement point like you know how high the next step on a stairway is. Then, go to a hill, and do the same thing, over and over and over again. It's going to suck, and I dont recomend doing it for very long at first (keep your windows down and look out for the smell). Really, once you have that down, the rest is a piece of cake. This is for daily driving, which you should master before you even think about racing that car.

And m/t is good for more than "showing off and getting mad hardcore power." You have so much more control over the car, you can easily engine brake (great for avoiding tickets as the front of your car doesn't dip) Dont trade your manual man, you'll regret it, I know NYC sucks, trust me Northern VA isn't much better we have traffic out the wazoo, plus driving too and from greensboro can mean 3 hours of stop and go driving. Once you get the engagement point down, and eliminate the sloppy shifts you'll love it, I'll never be able to drive an auto again.
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:38 pm

Rudy wrote:JESUS CHRIST IT'S MANUAL. sorry...

Either way, dont listen to him, learning from racing videos is probably the WORST way to learn how to drive stick.

I learned to drive on my solara, and the best advice i can give you is to take it to a parking lot and just put in first gear and give it some gas, let out the clutch slowly till you feel the engagement point, then put it back in. Rinse, repeat, over and over and over again until you know that engagement point like you know how high the next step on a stairway is. Then, go to a hill, and do the same thing, over and over and over again. It's going to suck, and I dont recomend doing it for very long at first (keep your windows down and look out for the smell). Really, once you have that down, the rest is a piece of cake. This is for daily driving, which you should master before you even think about racing that car.

And m/t is good for more than "showing off and getting mad hardcore power." You have so much more control over the car, you can easily engine brake (great for avoiding tickets as the front of your car doesn't dip) Dont trade your manual man, you'll regret it, I know NYC sucks, trust me Northern VA isn't much better we have traffic out the wazoo, plus driving too and from greensboro can mean 3 hours of stop and go driving. Once you get the engagement point down, and eliminate the sloppy shifts you'll love it, I'll never be able to drive an auto again.

showing off and getting mad hardcore power<--- Yes I know its more then just this. But majority of people who owns or wants one is because of that. hardcore power when i said it means control. You dont have that over auto. I agree with you on this that once you go manuel, goig back to auto is hard. Auto I have to admit though has more helps in life then manuel. You have to agree with that dont you?
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Rudy » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:53 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:
Rudy wrote:JESUS CHRIST IT'S MANUAL. sorry...

showing off and getting mad hardcore power<--- Yes I know its more then just this. But majority of people who owns or wants one is because of that. hardcore power when i said it means control. You dont have that over auto. I agree with you on this that once you go manuel, goig back to auto is hard. Auto I have to admit though has more helps in life then manuel. You have to agree with that dont you?

You actually do have more control over your car than auto. Driving stick gives you much more control over your engine speed, and gear, even over tiptronic shifting. There's a reason people race with manual and it's not just power. They have auto's out there now that have almost as much power to the wheels as the sticks. And yeah, auto is much more convenient, and there are times I wish I had it, however the times I wish i had auto are greatly overshadowed by the times I love it, and I'm not even that good at it.
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby eugene5786 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:38 am

what you gotz against red?!?
eugene5786
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5