[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - OEM Body Kit, Where to find it?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

OEM Body Kit, Where to find it?

Postby erasat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:30 am

Just an update.

Calling and calling, one of those dealers called me back, and for my surprise, the guy told me that they can get me the parts next day, but it's not from Toyota, according to them it's a TRD part, they told me that they have already bought a couple, they come painted with your car color, and with everything to be mounted.

Cost?. They asked me $2800 for it and they won't sell it as parts, totally different of what I've been hearing for months now. I told them that i had already the front lips, that if they insist in selling me the whole kit then it won't be no deal, and they told me that they will call me back to give me their best prices, but that he is almost sure that it won;t be less than $2000, again, for the whole kit.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:37 am

DANG, dats one expensive kit...Just give it time, some other aftermarket companies will come out with something, it may be better looking.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby erasat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:49 am

Well, he called me back, he told me again that it's TRD part, and he also gave me the part number, but now he says that it doesn't come Artic Frost, and I told him about you Mike, but he told me that in the book the Artic Frost is not an option, that he can sell me the body kit , just with PRIMER (So, I must pay later to paint it) with all the installation stuff for $1900.

If you add everything up, it is too pricey for a Body Kit...

For those of you that wants to try with a local TRD dealer the part number (Without color) he gave is 00602-52510-P01
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby erasat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:58 am

Just did a search for that part number in a TRD on-line dealer, and there is a body kit with that number, but it says for 2002-2003 Solara, not for 2004 Solara, something is still wrong here, sorry guys if this bother you, but if you have read th ewhole thread you will notice that something's is definitely wrong, nobody really knows anything about this kit.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:06 pm

Yup, I told him not to worry cus the pricing was too expensive. That's exactly what he told me, that there were no part number for artic frost. Dat is a buncha BS coming from TOYOTA, especially for a car that's been out for almost a year or so. Just givem time...I guess.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby erasat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:48 am

Final numbers related to this, after so much efforts trying to get the info, finally I have it, Kendall Toyota in Miami found the pieces.

The guy told me the same than others, that this is to be sold by pieces, so it's 6 pieces in total, each one quoted as $230.40 plus shipping, (so around $1400, just with Primer, so you will need to add the cost of paint, I just got a number for paint around $100 for the paint base, pearl, clear and reducer, and in my case my uncle will do the job, but for those of you you will need to add Labor.

Like I've mentioned before, I already got the front pieces for just $67 already White Pearl, so that save me a lot of money, but I still don't know if I will order the rest of the pieces, in my case the rest of pieces and Paint will cost me around $1100, plus the $67, is $1167, not that bad, so I need to re-consider it.

Only thing that could make it worth, is that will be the only Convertible around (out of about 3 or 4 that I have seen in the whole Island) and mostly Nationwide with an OEM Body Kit... Things to make you wonder...
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:52 am

It might be cool to be so unique but I doubt you will get anything for it if you sell your car one day. Still it is up to you to decide if the look is worth that amount. Good luck in your decision.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby erasat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:54 am

slingshot wrote:It might be cool to be so unique but I doubt you will get anything for it if you sell your car one day. Still it is up to you to decide if the look is worth that amount. Good luck in your decision.

That's exactly what has been holding me up since I got the numbers, After so much efforts trying to get it, now that I can get it, Does it really worth it?, Good question...
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mik00725 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:32 pm

Erasat,

Did you try the store I told you in Caguas?
2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby erasat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:57 pm

mik00725 wrote:Erasat,

Did you try the store I told you in Caguas?

Yes, they told me the same than the rest, that they don't have it and that they will find out and will call me back.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mattyboyl » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:30 pm

I don't understand why the convertible didn't come with the Sport option including the OEM body kit. I didn't want the Solara unless it had the body kit, so therefore, I wouldn't even consider the Solara convertible without the sport extras. I have a feeling they will address this in the future Solara convertible.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

um

Postby solaramodxtreme » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:53 pm

i dunno why u didnt just buy the solara sport in the first place :o that price is a little hairy for a kit that small...
4 banger
solaramodxtreme
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: um

Postby erasat » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:39 pm

solaramodxtreme wrote:i dunno why u didnt just buy the solara sport in the first place :o that price is a little hairy for a kit that small...

I don't know if you are referring to me, but assuming you did, Solara Convertibles doesn't come with the body kit as an option, not even the SE , and all of you know that the SE coupe has the body kit as an Standard option.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby vuuuuu » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:09 pm

I wanted the Sport kit for mine, but I also always get the top model of any car I buy. I didn't like how it wasn't an option though. I figured I'd pick it up in a year or two.
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5