[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Sway Bar for Solara 04 Convertibles - A MUST
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Rear Sway Bar for Solara 04 Convertibles - A MUST

Rear Sway Bar for Solara 04 Convertibles - A MUST

Postby erasat » Sat May 08, 2004 12:02 pm

I just installed mine today and let me tell you something, ride now feels a lot better, something similar to the ride I used to have with my Coupe '04. I used the Middle hole (Street Setting) for now, and I'm really thinking about cancelling the order I have for the Lowering Springs, that way I can avoid my wife's fury once she knows about them.

So again, in a summary, for a Convertible is a MUST, for Coupes, it will help you also, better ride. Difference in bar is obvious and once you drive the car for the first time you will fell the difference immediately.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat May 08, 2004 1:42 pm

Erasat,
How much was the install and who did it for you? When you say it improves the ride can you explain that in more detail? I thought all it did was reduce the lean when making tight turns. Springs on the other hand are supposed to lower the car and make a sportier feeling ride. I'm really interested in hearing a detailed report from someone using the rear sway bar on the Coupe. Has anyone with a 2004 coupe installed this yet?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby erasat » Sat May 08, 2004 3:26 pm

I went to a Mechanics Tech friend of mine, he took 10 minutes to install it, he asked me for $10, and I gave him $20, so that's how much it cost me.

Before this Bar, my Convertible had very huge Body Roll everytime I get to a not-so-good road, here we have too many, today after I installed it, I took a drive for 2 of the 3 usual roads I drive in a daily basis, and can tell you that I did feel a lot of change, it made me remember my previous Solara 04 Coupe that I had until last month. Final test will be on Monday when I need to drive for the worst road that I drive daily, and it's the main reason that I ordered the bar, I can tell you for sure what i already are feeling.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5