[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - XM Radio
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

XM Radio

XM Radio

Postby Joel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:02 pm

My Solara SLE 04 has the JBL sound system that is XM compatable. Do I need to purchase the Toyota XM option, or can I purchase it elsewhere?

The XM Radio web site does not list any JBL XM receivers, so what receiver is compatable with the Solar system?

Thanks for your advaice and help!

Joel
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:57 pm

Joel,

To get your head unit to receive XM you'll need to buy a receiver and antenna from your dealer, and I think you'll want them to install it. Figure on spending around $500.00. If you're looking for a factory appearance, this is the only way to go. But, if you want satellite radio in your car, both XM and Sirius offer units which will work with your factory radio. Cost is much less, under $200.00. Beside the cost being so high on the factory setup, the dealer has to rip apart your entire dash to install the necessary equipment.

Good luck.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Joel » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:10 am

Thanks. I was hoping that being "XM Sate. Compatible" (as it says on the window sticker from the car) that there was wiring already done to place the unit in an easily accessible location, like under the seat or the trunk, and that the antenna cable was already snaked through the head liner! Silly me! I guess that made too much sense.

Thanks again.

Joel
Joel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

xm radio install

Postby NJConvertible » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:20 am

has anyone installed the Toyota XM kit??

Where does the receiver go?
What does the antena look like and where does it mount?
NJConvertible
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

xm install

Postby NJConvertible » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:52 am

I will do the install this sunday and will let you know. The factory kit is very nice and you get much better reception than if u use and FM modulator. If u want to use the factory controls you will at least need to buy an adapter. I found shopping for a better part price for the toyota components, via the internet, the best way to go.

Check out the DIY section, I posted the Toyota install instructions. Yes lots of disasembly, may be a bit time consuming, but not that complex and everything is plug and play....

Good Luck!
NJConvertible
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

I would purchase..

Postby solara04 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:20 am

I purchased the Delphi Skyfi. It offers portablilty to my XM system. And the install is cheaper in the long run. Instead of the antenna going on the roof, they simply placed it in the front widow and it work fine. ..except for high sunspot days. But then nothing works then does it.
Be careful that they get you the correct module. I had a lot of people confirm this was the correct pioneer unit I needed. When they took apart my dash to install it was incorrect. Hence the Dephi.
Oh Lord.. won't you buy me a Solara Sport...

'04 SeSport Red, Moon Roof.
225 bhp @ 5600
Zero to 60 mph: 6.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 19.4 sec
solara04
Mookie's Buddy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5