[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hydrogen kits (HHO cells) REALLY WORK!! Over 50mpg in CITY!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Hydrogen kits (HHO cells) REALLY WORK!! Over 50mpg in CITY!

Postby TadS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:30 am

Here in the Midwest, where E85 is dirt cheap relative to gas, I am planning to do a E85 conversion on my '00 Corolla. I have been running 30% ethanol in it for about a month, and it's all good. Thanks for the testing you're doing.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby no_escape » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 am

Expect a spike in E85 for awhile... After loosing 18% of corn crops in Iowa for this year. I don't know about other states but I'm sure IL, and MO have and will loose some crop. Also said, a small spike in food that is made with corn, soy, and meat(since most is fed by corn.)
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 am

RDK,

So, the water4gas website says:

"It's up to you if you want to turn your new knowledge and experience into an income source. You can! If you are a volunteer or a minister and work for the community, you can share your knowledge as part of your service. In today's crazy gasoline prices, I believe this simple technology is more valuable than free food."

Do you mind sharing the ebooks (I'm assuming they're ebooks) for like $5 a pop? I'm sure you'd generate lots of interest.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Toss in a Solara Specific install guide and you'll be rockin'.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 pm

^Yeah, $10 with the install guide :)
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 pm

^ I'd be TOTALLY interested, especially since gas is a firggin' nightmare in California with the "extra-refined" gas [that doesn't make a lick of difference thanks all these flippin 70s vans spewing black smoke everywhere]... I used to remember filling up my first car for less than $20 (on a gas tank only 3 gallons smaller than ours!), and now I'm lucky if $20 lasts me 3 days on a short commute to work!

So... Share your secrets with us, or better yet, can you say group buy?
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 00-solara » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Yeah around here ethanol cost the same if not more than regular gas as it is. It cost me around $60 to fill up so any little thing would help haha.
2000 Solara SE Diamond White Pearl: 4300K HIDs, Sony H/U, Infinity Kappa 60.5, 693.5i, Two Kicker CVX 10"
00-solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hhosolara99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 pm

RDKamikaze wrote:Hahaha, I just got home from California a minute ago! Sorry for the two-day delay, my friends and I decided to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain because we could just for a spur-of-the-moment trip. We didn't take my Solara though because it wouldn't fit five safely, so wee took one of the Sequoias instead.

How did you hook up the MAP sensor,PCV enhancer and the Flame Arrestor?What other electronic components did u put on??Cause i bought a same stuff you have before i read your post.
Thanks a lot
hhosolara99
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Down2TheC wrote:Toss in a Solara Specific install guide and you'll be rockin'.

Think about this!
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:21 pm

hhosolara99 wrote:
RDKamikaze wrote:Hahaha, I just got home from California a minute ago! Sorry for the two-day delay, my friends and I decided to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain because we could just for a spur-of-the-moment trip. We didn't take my Solara though because it wouldn't fit five safely, so wee took one of the Sequoias instead.

How did you hook up the MAP sensor,PCV enhancer and the Flame Arrestor?What other electronic components did u put on??Cause i bought a same stuff you have before i read your post.
Thanks a lot

I saw your first post on this subject. Do you have a Solara now?

Go to the Introductions page and say hi so people will get to know more about you and you'll find more help as well. :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby hhosolara99 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 am

RDKamikaze wrote:Well technically, if you're an uber retard and you don't install the kit correectly so that it shuts off or turns on only when the engine is running, you could get a huge buildup of HHO gas and the pressure could cause it to explode. Again, this is pretty much the worst case scenario with the whole "explosion" factor. It's not going to ignite and become some crazy hydrogen bomb though, if that's what you're looking for :p .

As for a power difference, I'm actually noticing a little increase! HHO gas is 3 times more potent than regular gasoline and has an octane rating of 150. That's a HUGE difference! This means that just a little of this gas produced could make the usage of gasoline a lot less for the same, if not more, power. That is why people are always advertising (or claiming like I am) around a 20-60% mpg increase as well as an HP increase.

I have only been able to go through two tank-fulls so far and here are my results:
Regular gas: 306 miles to a tank
E85 gas: 314 miles to a tank
E85 gas + HHO: 341 miles to a tank
Reular gas + HHO: 426 miles to a tank

*Please note that my driving conditions HAVE NOT changed! I drive the same way almost all the time. I was sure to be treating my HHO experimentation as I would normal gas or E85 for best comparable results.*

I guess the reason why my HHO kit is not liking being mixed with ethanol is because e85 has an octane rating of 105 so I have to re-tune everything I guess. This gives you more power and better burning, as well as cleaning out your engine while it burns. More on ethanol can be forund on my thread about e85 conversion kits.

Just wondering did you install the bubbler,flame arrestor or the check valve for safety purpose.
And how to hook hook up the MAP Map Sensor Enhancer.
And the O2 sensor did you put the extender on it???

Because i just bought a same kit from ebay before i read this post.
I'm driving a 99 solara SLE V6...
Thanks a lot...
hhosolara99
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Grassroots, I participated in discussions over on maxima.org, maybe you can check stuff out there.
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generation ... e-kit.html

Very cool. when I get my next car, I might play w/the solara w/this.
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnegroni » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:44 pm

I have a 1995 Aerostar with 4.0L we don't use much, but I'm afraid they have little or NO SPACE available in the engine bay. So much for a test vehicle.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:11 pm

My brother just bought one of these kits and is having it installed in their $95 Jaguar XK with only 25K miles on it... looks a bit more professional than the Mason jar models I've seen! ;)

https://www.iuseh2o.com/StoreProduct/ta ... fault.aspx

So if it works for him and doesn't cause any CELs or other issues, I may be purchasing a kit myself and trying it out, now that all my CEL issues are resolved.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby xavier » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:20 pm

I keep reading that due to the water vapor running through the exhaust, ss valves and ss/ceramin coated exhaust is recommened.. Anything else note worthy?
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5