[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 am

^^^^

Haha :lol:
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:43 am

PXLpainter wrote:Still not home yet but got some good info today @ JP - writing this from my BlackBerry so will post more later when I get home.

Time to wake up and give us details Jeff!! LOL.

No teaser postings like the one you just left! :boss:
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:10 am

beat up the old man!!! jkjk
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 am

Yeah Jeff! 8)

I'm still considering this!

:D
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:10 am

Okay - here's the scoop... sorry for the teaser last night, but just way too much to type on a freakin' BlackBerry! ;)

R&D time might be a bit less than originally planned as it looks like the Gen 1 V6 header design might fit with only redesigning the Y-pipe. He's going to verify the flanges this week. The Y-pipe is going to be the most important part of this setup - and where we'll get the most efficiency as well.

In case any of you didn't know, we have 3 (THREE) cats on our systems now, as well as 3 O2 Sensors. We will definitely need to have O2 Sensor Simulators to make this work, but he knows of one particular brand (about $25) that works the best and never throws a CEL.

He claims that if the header/Y-pipe design is done right, that the OEM cats we already have will run very efficiently as they are already a high-flow design (no need to replace at all!) :up: He said it will be up to the individual if they want to increase the dia of their straight pipe back from the cat to the muffler and remove the resonator, but it may really create a "drone" inside the cab.

We'll be dyno-ing like crazy on this - including getting some base-line benchmarks with the before/after Injen/CP-e swap that some of you have been waiting for as well. ;)

All-in-all a good visit and we should be under-way with the testing and fitting in a couple weeks. :up:

So lets get these numbers up guys!! Spread the word!! Don't let the Honda guys get all the good stuff! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:26 am

Hehe, I suspected it was close.

Since it is so common, it will be a lot cheaper, right? How much is the current design retail cost and when needs to be changed for Gen2. (Sorry to be a pain when I have no dog in this fight.)

This is good news. Thanks for once again being a pioneer.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 am

Price will not change. We're not paying for R&D - just production here. There's a lot more work in the Gen 2 Y-pipe than the Gen 1, and since the quantities are low (most Honda group buys get 100 units or more) they can't really mass-produce them. Not like he sold hundred of the Gen 1 headers to this group either, by the way! :roll:

I know about half of you will most likely pussy-out on the GB when it comes time to put your money down, so I really need to keep looking elsewhere for people who are willing to pony-up the funds to make this happen, or this will all be for nothing in the end.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:02 am

PXLpainter wrote:I know about half of you will most likely pussy-out on the GB when it comes time to put your money down, so I really need to keep looking elsewhere for people who are willing to pony-up the funds to make this happen, or this will all be for nothing in the end.

I do not agree on this one. If the product gives the 28whp (20-35whp) talked before...I'm sure that at least 90% of the people (now 9) will buy it. We are all serious people with the money or the credit :P
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:31 am

I think that 28whp is pretty aggressive figure IMO - I think more realistically, it will produce about 10-15 on it's own, but anything else you do for a normally aspirated engine will compound the effect.

IOW, adding the headers/Y to a setup with only the Injen may produce less HP than adding it to a CP-e.

I've already heard a lot of bitching about the price anyways... :roll:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:49 am

OK...but on a Gen 1 with TRD superharger they claim a 20-35 whp difference...maybe I read it wrong. 10-15 whp would give a little kick (we'll see with the dyno runs). Did they tell you to expect 10-15 whp or you anticipate something in the range of the 10-15 ??

Do the sound will be a bit louder ?? From the Midas's video (Dat's Y-pipe + CP-e + high flow cat) the sound is really nice, I expect to be as good unless better. Do I'm wrong ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Biggi_e » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 am

i say the people that really say they are interested throw down a small payment of atleast 100 dollars. if you back out you will not get your 100 back. im up for that cuz im not backing out of this :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P :P :P :P :fadein:
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 pm

Sebas007 wrote:OK...but on a Gen 1 with TRD superharger they claim a 20-35 whp difference...maybe I read it wrong. 10-15 whp would give a little kick (we'll see with the dyno runs). Did they tell you to expect 10-15 whp or you anticipate something in the range of the 10-15 ??

Do the sound will be a bit louder ?? From the Midas's video (Dat's Y-pipe + CP-e + high flow cat) the sound is really nice, I expect to be as good unless better. Do I'm wrong ??

Like I said before - it depends on the other components you have. If you're moving more air IN, then it will move more air OUT. So the more INPUT you give the engine, the more OUTPUT (including hp) the headers & Y will give you. It's a compound equation. ;)

The sound will be nice and the restriction at the Y will be gone... though the bend for the back headers will still be in there - which is for equalizing the length and helps produce velocity in the airflow.

The problem with Dat's Y-pipe is the lengths aren't the same for front/back and even though its opened up to create sound, there will be a huge loss of low-end torque.

We aren't SC'd - at best, we'll have CP-e options, so we need to dial in for normally aspirated engine setup and not try to compare to results with an SC. ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Who do I send my $100 deposit to?

NOTE: 10-15HP is a realistic and NOTICEABLE increase. I'm game.

(The CP-e is in that ballpark for gains, realistically... and it OUTRIGHT ROCKS!)

Let's GO on this, guys! :wink:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:15 pm

How do you think the torque curve will react ??
What will be the average gains thru the RPM band ?
It's the time to speculate a bit ! :P

you know I'm all in for it, I'm just curious to see some NUMBERS ! :P
It will come with the many runs.

Props for Jeff to dedicate his Solara for the Gen 2 community.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:47 pm

We'll know soon I hope Sebas - gotta give up my ride for a week around the first of the month. :(
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5