[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:06 am

MCOjerry wrote:
Sebas007 wrote:anyway...now let's get back on the subject plz.

I want those headers+y-pipe !!

Sorry...you were making a suggestion to someone that dind't make sense. Just trying to make sense out of it, so he could understnad the idea.

Maybe you in US don't have the same financial service we have over here....but Patrik from Montreal understood at 1000 % yeah thousand pourcent what I meant.

On the topic now...
I think we will get the 15 in something around 2-3 months (yeah I'm a bit sarcastic). I know that 3 guys are on a pending status. What about you MCOjerry not interested in this GB at all...are it's the price ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 am

My car has enough HP for me, and it's a lease, so no modifying.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:38 am

Hehe - yeah, Jerry doesn't seem much like the "Modding" type! ;)

Somehow, we need to expand this OUTSIDE of just the SG population...

Maybe if we sell a $1 auction on eBay for a chance at the group buy or something?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Honestly, you've assembled $14,000 in sales for JP Headers. That is a lot. See if they would roll on that.

However, before plunking down on the group buy, someone should try to fit the 1MZ headers first. If it's close, (with maybe a flange rotation change or extension added) then you can argue back to JP and get the piece price reduced by using existing components.

Try starting with buying a set of OEM manifolds from Toyota. Keep em clean so you can return them in a week. Compare them to the 1MZ current production headers. If you'd like, send both sets to me and give me a week to build a wood check fixture for each side. I will measure the differences and see if they are interchangeable or what modifications need to take place. (Making marks on the current production JP parts.)
(I would ask $50 for fixture materials and my time. A metal fixture would be quite a bit more cash and time.) If you want the fixtures sent to you, someone would have to pick up the shipping and packaging.

It would be greatly helpful if JP could provide the header flanges alone without anything welded to them.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Phreak - thanks for the offer. I've been emailing back and forth with the guy at JP trying to get answers and addressed this last week with them - he said he was going to check on that but he thought they'd have to be longer as they have to route differently - or something... I'm going to be taking my car in for them to look at and do some testing/fitting on as well. Will keep y'all posted as I hear back. :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Okay guys - we're definitely going in the WRONG DIRECTION now... just had someone drop (legit family reasons) - but now that opens the gap up again and we now have to find 6 MORE people to commit to this GB!! :o

I've been talking with the guy at JP - he said the Gen 1 header was designed specifically for use with the TRD SC so the routing/size might not work - but he's gonna take a look at mine on Wed am - I'll keep you posted!

IDEAS??? How can we spread the word on the GB more? Has anyone thought of contacting all the V6 owners on CarDomain yet? Just link them back to this thread... :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:57 pm

i want this to happen real bad...i might have to message everyone on cd for gen2s, will this fit the camry also?
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:28 am

I'm looking forward to reading what happened on Wednesday!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:04 am

Don't forget to market this on TN to the '02-'06 3.3L Camry SE owners. Their exhaust is the EXACT same set of part numbers.

I know you're probably tired of hearing my suggestions to compare against OE parts, but this is how the aftermarket does it.

To get more sales, I recommend you compare the 3.3L V-6 manifolds against the 3.5L manifolds. The part numbers will be different because of the converter substrate loadings, but it is possible that both parts are physically routed the same with the same header inlet flange. Both parts were made by Futaba Industrial Co in Okazaki, Japan. I know they love to commonize designs for reduced costs.

You can order the parts from the dealer and return them after your investigation. Just find a dealer willing to accept parts back "in case you end up not needing them." (That is the line to use.) We wouldn't dirty up the parts or make bolt evidence marks on the flange.

If you end up making a header that works on the 3.3L and the 3.5L, then you open the door to the 3.5L Camry owners and possibly Avalon owners. (Only a handful of those would buy headers.)

This will trip the CEL, so you'll need JP's help to sim the O2 sensors in each header bank. You'll have a real winner of a kit if you include the sims and they have the same connector as OE. Plug and play. (No splicing as it gets tight on the back side manifold.)
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:27 am

^^^
Great stuff Phreakdout ! I'll do my parts on here to promote the headers for Camry and Solara.

Cosmic, what did you mean with that ???
CosmicGrooves wrote:I'm looking forward to reading what happened on Wednesday!

Finally, who is out of the GB ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 am

PhreakdOut wrote:Don't forget to market this on TN to the '02-'06 3.3L Camry SE owners. Their exhaust is the EXACT same set of part numbers.

I know you're probably tired of hearing my suggestions to compare against OE parts, but this is how the aftermarket does it.

To get more sales, I recommend you compare the 3.3L V-6 manifolds against the 3.5L manifolds. The part numbers will be different because of the converter substrate loadings, but it is possible that both parts are physically routed the same with the same header inlet flange. Both parts were made by Futaba Industrial Co in Okazaki, Japan. I know they love to commonize designs for reduced costs.

You can order the parts from the dealer and return them after your investigation. Just find a dealer willing to accept parts back "in case you end up not needing them." (That is the line to use.) We wouldn't dirty up the parts or make bolt evidence marks on the flange.

If you end up making a header that works on the 3.3L and the 3.5L, then you open the door to the 3.5L Camry owners and possibly Avalon owners. (Only a handful of those would buy headers.)

This will trip the CEL, so you'll need JP's help to sim the O2 sensors in each header bank. You'll have a real winner of a kit if you include the sims and they have the same connector as OE. Plug and play. (No splicing as it gets tight on the back side manifold.)

Very good Phreak - thanks for the info!

I'll bring this up to the JP guys tomorrow when I go over there. :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:44 pm

And don't forget to check that huge Sienna market.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Still not home yet but got some good info today @ JP - writing this from my BlackBerry so will post more later when I get home.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:13 am

PXLpainter wrote:Still not home yet but got some good info today @ JP - writing this from my BlackBerry so will post more later when I get home.

It sounds so positive !!! Can't wait to hear the whole story !! :D
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:16 am

Sebas007 wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:Still not home yet but got some good info today @ JP - writing this from my BlackBerry so will post more later when I get home.

It sounds so positive !!! Can't wait to hear the whole story !! :D

He was too busy eating Chinesse food and at Home Depot!!! HAHA
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5