[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Hehe - I was wondering when you guys were gonna come check it out! :D

So - I first got a couple revs in my garage... then I did a quick run around the harbor by my house this afternoon - just tossed the camcorder in my passenger seat but then picked it up because I was afraid it was going to go flying around a corner... so forgive the crappy visuals - it's the SOUND what the clip's all about here anyway! :up:

And yeah, I know - radar detector at the end was picking up one of those damn "your speed" signs! :x

Anyway... click links below to download... they're a little big ;)

http://pixelpainter.com/solara/JPP-FirstRun-320.mov - QuickTime (15.5MB)
http://solara.down2thec.com/vids/JPP-FirstRun-320.wmv - Windoze Media (11.6MB)

Enjoy! :D :up: :drinking: :drinking:
Last edited by PXLpainter on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby combinationLock » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:49 pm

thats beautiful, man.
combinationLock
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sparky5e » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Looks great and has some nice sounding attitude too. Will this fit the 2.5? After yesterdays events I need to ask.

The pics and mov are really making it REALLY hard to not jump in and help make the group buy possible.
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Yes - all Solara V6 after 2004 will work fine with this setup! ;) :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:31 pm

I made a wmv for those of us that refuse to install QuickTime. QT Stands for Quietly Taking over your PC.

http://solara.down2thec.com/vids/JPP-FirstRun-320.wmv

I'm sure it's just the placement of the camera... but it sounds like a cp-e intake to me. Didn't notice any difference from mine. But I want horses anyway.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:08 am

Actually, the sounds of the CP-e is a very big guy in the output tone (it's just an other way to say that it is strong and that's normal that we don't hear the subtle difference in the clip...). However, I like pretty much the vid of your first run !!

Remember Midias vids...fly by, from the interior and just revving...he adds CP-e + Y-pipe + high flow cat...and it sounded like a beast ! I think a video from outside the car would be very interesting..and also a video from inside the car watching speedo while you enter an highway at full throttle ! :)

Find out a cameraman buddy and go for it ! ;)

I like what I saw on the pics, specialy the ones under the car.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:47 am

Oh yeah... I'm sure the sound changes on the outside. It's probably beefed up on the vid but my ear/memory isn't good enough to notice.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:51 am

Down2TheC wrote:Oh yeah... I'm sure the sound changes on the outside. It's probably beefed up on the vid but my ear/memory isn't good enough to notice.

I agree !

I'm hurry, like you I think you're, to see numbers of the peak tuned mapping with MAFci ! 8) Since JEff has '06 model too...it will be a plug and play for me...but I can translate the '06 mapping to you '04-05 guys since '06 mapping is a re-tuned '04-05 mapping and we could see the values where it been change.
Last edited by Sebas007 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crispone » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 am

Anyway you slice it, Jeff's "HEADER INITIATIVE" is a virtual epiphany of performance for our Solara kind...

I can HEAR the header growl over the CP-e sounds... and "intuit" the performance outcome by way of surrogate successes to measure the competence of JPP...

...and BEYOND the fact that Jeff's engine bay, exterior, interior, and UNDERCARRIAGE are all BEYOND the condition of our vehicles even when they first roll off the line... the JPP contribution is outright BEAUTIFUL, and the quality of the components, from the engineered aesthetic of artfully crossed downtubes, to the shiny turn-back in the "Y" pipe "U"....

GORGEOUS STUFF!

Other than the CP-e... (and possibly beyond, from an artistic standpoint, if not engineering itself...) the JPP header looks to be the pinnacle of modifications for our ride.

SUMMARY:

PERFORMANCE --> LIKELY!

APPEARANCE --> Like the BOMBSHELL BABE that snaps the heads of men across all socio-economic and cultural boundaries... so too, is the magnificence we now behold below our 'laras by proxy, PXL's pivotal portrayal of what can now be everyman's vehiclular vim of visceral volition executed...

All bow in reverent honor of our pioneering peers performance provision! :wnw:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:52 am

Mike - thanks for the WMV - I was too lazy to make an inferior video copy myself! ;)

Yeah - I'll get better vid clips this week guys... just made a mad dash to the groc. store and grabbed the cam on the way out. Setting it on the fuse box in the engine compartment wasn't as effective as perhaps a shot by the tailpipe.

It's much louder/deeper than before - but not ricey at all. Turned the heads of a couple Mustangs yesterday too. ;)

Crisp - you crack me up man! :lol:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:15 am

sounds great!! oh i want this nowwwww! lol hope we get to see the dyno stats soon?
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:34 am

Yeah - they've got some tweaking and testing to do after the first 1000 miles run before it goes on the dyno. Don't worry guys, I set my trip OD and I always put a LOT of miles on my ride down here, so it won't take long! ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crazygreek » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:49 pm

I glad things are looking good for this performance mod. Now just have to come up with the cash. Hopefully a few stocks spike make a quick $3G and pick up exhaust and CP-e all at once. Very nice work and sounds awesome. One thing I like is that it doesn't have that ricey sound. I see thos guys driving there honda's around and hate that noise. Love the way the mustang exhaust sounds, deep and throaty. I'm glad that it sounds like that. Nice job.
crazygreek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:10 am

Hey Jeff !!

What is the diameter of ...

the U-pipe ??
the pipe after the Y-pipe ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:38 am

I'll have some specs for you soon... I need to get some tests and tweaking done on current set-up. The 02 Sim is throwing a CEL right now and JP might be changing the Y some more.

Sorry I don't have more info right now - this is R&D after all! ;)

The scary part is that this is my daily driver and every time it goes in their shop I have to rent a car for the day! :o That's okay though - I'm "takin' it for the team"! :D

Will keep you posted with as many details as I can as I get them...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5