[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:15 pm

Well - I was supposed to take my ride in to JP today, but the powder coater sent back the wrong parts to him so we're backed up another week. I'm really disappointed to say the least - but what can you do?

As far as an increase goes - his guestimates are that it will produce at least 15 without the CP-e module but quite possible to get 20-30 with it I'd think.

I'll give you guys an update next week if we can make this happen then!
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 pm

I vote for 40! Tell him we'd like 40whp please.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:47 am

Well - see that I told him I actually wanted 100whp already, that's what he told me (after he got off the ground laughing). ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:32 pm

If he shows 40 with the CP-e... even in the 30 range, I'll be pawning off my childrens clothes on ebay to buy a set... :wink:

Those are VERY serious numbers for headers and tune... but MAYBE possible. (I'd be pretty surprised!)

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:38 pm

crispone wrote:If he shows 40 with the CP-e... even in the 30 range, I'll be pawning off my childrens clothes on ebay to buy a set... :wink:

Those are VERY serious numbers for headers and tune... but MAYBE possible. (I'd be pretty surprised!)

Before you make your kids go nekkid Crispy - keep in mind those are just speculative numbers over stock. ;)

We'll see the actuals here soon... just wish I had a real tranny instead of the box of shavings and oil they call an AT on this pig! :roll: I tell ya - just rode in a client's A4 with a 3.2 in it - HFC!! :o Paddle shifters with SNAP response!! IF only I could get CLOSE to that response in my ride, I'd not even consider doing a manual swap.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crispone » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Okay... 30 over STOCK shouldn't be an issue at ALL with a TRD muff, CP-e, and HEADERS...

THAT I could believe more readily. STILL good improvement for this car, and YEAH, the SHIFTING would be the NEXT MAJOR deal! :-?

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm

^^ Yeah - once we squeeze some reasonable performance out of this sled, I'm going to start trying to track down some transmission pros to see if somebody can make a hack for our rides. If that doesn't go anywhere, I'll definitely be shopping for a manual to swap and if someone can hack the ECU.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Jeff, you're funny. I look forward to each new way you describe our transmission. You should start a thread with all the nicknames. Just playing with ya.

:D
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:55 am

PXLpainter wrote:^^ Yeah - once we squeeze some reasonable performance out of this sled, I'm going to start trying to track down some transmission pros to see if somebody can make a hack for our rides. If that doesn't go anywhere, I'll definitely be shopping for a manual to swap and if someone can hack the ECU.

Like Mike said sometime ago...CP-e was about to do a shift kit, conditionaly with the intake system sells. It didn't happen. :-?
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crispone » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:12 am

Sebas007 wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:^^ Yeah - once we squeeze some reasonable performance out of this sled, I'm going to start trying to track down some transmission pros to see if somebody can make a hack for our rides. If that doesn't go anywhere, I'll definitely be shopping for a manual to swap and if someone can hack the ECU.

Like Mike said sometime ago...CP-e was about to do a shift kit, conditionaly with the intake system sells. It didn't happen. :-?

Off the topic... Sebas, did the Mongo filter work ok for you? I ALMOST think mine could use a little "tuning" with the 2.25 --> 2.5 mid-piping change and the big filter... I have an Autometer NARROWBAND :-? that I'm about to install (one of these days) to see if I can get SOME indication of where it's at. I'm sure a couple percent either way wouldn't hurt the map at all... but MAY liven up response a little?

Back to the HEADER! :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:38 am

Like I said it seems to help a bit at the end of 1 gear and the beginning of the other. I'm sure a CAI setup would benefit a lot with this huge filter (more then a normal filter).

Do your wider pipe give you some resuslt what so ever (sound, power). I think while the header will be restrictive as long the other exhaust change will not have all the benefit that we wants. I'll probably do all the exhaust upgrades at the same time. I would like to match or get closer to the 3.5L power. When I see 266 hp Sienna TV adds, I'm getting a bit mad ! ;)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crispone » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:34 am

^^^ I think the 2.25 --> 2.5 DOES make a difference... but some of the difference is "resonance" and "tone". Performance? I couldn't tell you for sure without evidence, but it is "incremental" just like the Mongo filter. All I know is, my car runs pretty good compared to stock... and each small change makes me FEEL like I'm driving a stronger, better responding car.

I DEFINITELY think the 2.5" mid-piping (cat to TRD) is a MUST with the Header. I'm just already set up for it when it comes!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:02 pm

^^ After talking with JP about that he said we need to take it a step at a time, but the restriction will already be set with the output of the cat and anything beyond that will just change the loudness and tone (which can be a good thing too!) but won't affect performance. ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:43 am

i dunno if this has been mentioned already. and i didnt really read much of this 14 pg thread... but is it possible to get some gen1s in this to satisfy the group buy amount????
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:48 pm

There's already a JP Header/Y developed for the Gen 1 V6 (w/ Supercharger) available - you can order directly from JP Performance Products. http://www.jpperformancellc.com/

They are NOT compatible (Gen 1 & 2) - regardless what others may have mentioned here before. I've seen them side-by-side. Subtle differences, yes, but they are too different to just swap-out.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5