[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:28 pm

"IF"?

So you're saying to take you off the list then? :roll:

Not looking like this is going to happen guys. For the few of you who are still serious about the JP Headers/Y pipe, I'll let you know how much your CUSTOM EXHAUST is going to cost you when he's ready to start production.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:59 am

Jeez crisp... you could have just said you have other obligations. Noone has thumbscrews on ya.

p.s. NICE random CapiTALizATion 8)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crispone » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:03 am

PXLpainter wrote:"IF"?

So you're saying to take you off the list then? :roll:

Not looking like this is going to happen guys. For the few of you who are still serious about the JP Headers/Y pipe, I'll let you know how much your CUSTOM EXHAUST is going to cost you when he's ready to start production.

Ok. No one likes to be HATED.

When is the first half going to be due, and when will the balance be required?

(I'm just trying to do the economics guys. I'm not WANTING to drop out on you. If it's a point of HONOR, I'll stay in the group buy regardless.)

I had come to read the thread as "CUSTOM HEADERS" at this point ANYWAY... but if my count makes the difference for the GB, then I will honor it.

(In the larger scope of things... I "thought" my explanation was a "reasonably" honorable crispcircumstance since the GB had been STATED as not happening WELL before my count became a factor by multiple persons. Turns out, VULTURES we are! ALL OF US! 8) )

BWAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

SUMMARY:

You can count on my MONEY if my COUNT makes the DIFFERENCE.

Fair enough?

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Chill C... I think Jeff just wants an accurate count. Make the call in or out. We don't have performance stats yet so you're certainly under no obligation to the GB. When they formulate a price based on participants, that's when it's lame to bail out imo.
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:45 pm

Yeah - its cool guys - I'm just a little frustrated myself about all the GBs that fall through here - that's all... hard to plan anything like this really. I know I'm going to have a similar situation with the Whiteline Front Sway Bars as well - but hoping since they'll be about $250 or less, then more people will be willing to jump on that deal (hopefully!).

I know this is a lot of bread to lay down - trust me. Sorry if I've been a little heavy-handed on my response to drop-outs, but I did state that it would take a few months to develop and not to post a "maybe" if you weren't 100% sure you wanted to go ahead with these... but I do realize circumstances can change over time too - so I can be realistic. ;)

Like Mike said though - it's not "lame" until the request for funds goes out and an order is based on "X" amount of until and someone bails. Then you will be turned over to Ted Nugent to be dealt with in his back woods as he pleases! :lol:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm

Ask JPP how many of the Gen1 sets they have sold. Just out of curiosity.
It is a lot of cash to lay down and I said I would never pay that much for a set. But, DAM they are worth it!!!! I love 'em!
Just a side note, if you are planning to run an EGT. Have them weld a bung before they coat the header. I have yet to install mine because they look so pretty and don't want to mess them up.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:09 pm

PXL and D2C...

No sweat guys! I set the playing field with my ZEALOUS enthusiasm early on... and STILL support this initiative...

...I ALSO set the scene for some "lashback" with my SUPRA post! :-?

MY BAD! (can you BLAME ME? :angel: )

Fact is, I have been SO excited about having IT back in working order... that my passion for cars "shifted" over to IT more than the recent focus on the 'lara...

Anyway... now I need some WILWOOD's or BREMBO's for the SOUP to HAUL IT DOWN reasonable well... but I'll keep my eye on the status of THIS GB all the same!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:01 pm

** UPDATE:

Headers/Y-pipe are off to the powder coater's now and should be ready for a test fit/run this Thursday! :D :up:

Will definitely take pics and post as soon as we get them on. I'm sure dyno testing will be shortly thereafter as well... but I'll give you my seat-of-the-pants test results once we get it running! ;)

He's got an O2 sim ordered for it as well - says that one O2 sim will service to sensor connections on the bottom (pre-cat locations) but the two top O2 sensors will still connect directly to the headers where they currently connect to the first two cats.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Thanks for the update Jeff !!! :) I'm hurry to see some results ! :D
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Biggi_e » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:02 pm

woot woot
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Wait... so they're doing PC, installing, and giving the car back before they do an after dyno? Do they have a before dyno?
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 am

Not sure what process they anticipate doing the dyno testing yet - this is just a first-run at it.

They will have OEM, Injen and CP-e intakes, plus the OEM/JPP exhaust to work with when they do the actual testing.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crazygreek » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:36 am

I'm getting alittle anxious to see the results myself. Curious to see what kind up performance gain you with with the new exhaust and the CPe installed.
crazygreek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I hope it can be around 20whp. Jeff set the hypothetic number of 13 whp
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Biggi_e » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Sebas007 wrote:I hope it can be around 20whp. Jeff set the hypothetic number of 13 whp

how about 30whp that would be great!!
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5