[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Sun May 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Okay - got my ride back today. Back to stock for now so nothing to post about performance yet. :(

He showed me the headers and Y pipe - a bit different from the Gen 1 V6ers were - They're a bit longer, the O2 Sensors are in different locations and we'll need an o2 sim for the bottom 2. The Y is different as well - although almost the same length.

He's going to have a set all fabbed up and coated and ready to run tests by next week some time (after the 1st). As soon as we have them on and get some dyno results, I'll post pics! :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Nice ! Thanks for the update ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Biggi_e » Sun May 27, 2007 7:12 pm

sweeeet! but since we probally wont have enough people for a group buy, what do you think an estimated price would be on this?
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun May 27, 2007 7:15 pm

I'll find out as we get closer. Maybe we can talk at least 3 more people into jumping on this and he'll still let us run with 10 instead of 15... I dunno. I'll find out as we get closer to a production model. He still needs to build a jig and fab a couple to test fit on my ride as well.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Sun May 27, 2007 11:45 pm

And maybe the dyno results will sell a couple more.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crazygreek » Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Man I would love to get in on that. Just can't float it right now with all these expenses coming in at once. Wanted to get the exhaust and CPe still but just can't float it. I did however installed those R1 Concept rotors that Sebas put on his car. Had to so I could pass inspection. That was a drop in the bucket for those bad boys. Maybe I can scrounge up some cash but can't let the wife know. That will be impossible. LOL :cry:
crazygreek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu May 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Ok... it looks like I will be financially set in about nine weeks. I know that is forever long, but I'd like to be included for a chrome set. :D
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Thu May 31, 2007 10:38 pm

^^ Will never be available in Chrome - here's why:

Chrome looks great until you run the car a few hours - then it's just plain asss! Also, the welds can cause weak spots that may cause stress fractures over time.

The only way that JP will put a lifetime guarantee on them is that they're hi-temp powder-coated. The baking of the coating also heats up the entire pipe and evens out the "hot spots" caused from welding and strengthens the entire pipe.

BTW - I'll guarantee that 9 weeks will miss this GB - but he might be taking other orders by that time... might cost you more though.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crazygreek » Thu May 31, 2007 11:21 pm

Have you looked at how this mod will affect emissions? Just curious.
crazygreek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Thu May 31, 2007 11:36 pm

Out the back should measure fine - it will be the visual inspection that might be an issue - don't know.

Two of the O2 sensors will still be used and two O2 simulators will be used below so no CELs.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crazygreek » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 am

but we don't get dual exhaust right. This will just increase the flow.
crazygreek
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:34 pm

So about when will these be ready and what is the final cost?
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Read back... price hasn't changed.

I'd say in about another month or less he should be in full production - if all the tests come out good over the next couple weeks.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:17 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Read back... price hasn't changed.

I'd say in about another month or less he should be in full production - if all the tests come out good over the next couple weeks.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm going to step right up and say it in the open...

I may be pretty "IFFY" on the GB for these right now all of a sudden... as I have SHAMELESSLY found myself completely intoxicated by the effects of sheer horsepower and unbridled torque driven ecstasy...

The old '89 Supra Turbo has proven to introduce a major factor in ALL my life's considerations at the moment... as it has, after a "RIP-VAN-WINKLE-esque" slumber for nearly FIVE years... awakened like a post-hibernation-GRIZZLY on STEROIDS, and my budget has the likes of the following NEEDS that have suddenly taken shape...

SOLARA NEEDS:

- RUBBER! (Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions)
- (suddenly) DISTANT need for HEADERS... (I'm being honest... with myself!)

SUPRA:

- HKS Super Drager 85mm (120mm tip) exhaust
- RUBBER (TBD... current BFG 255/50/16's are PINCHED on 7jj rims, and although tread is GREAT, dry-rot cracking on radius makes me nervous at over 140...)
- Rear Bumper repair... (1500-2000 worth to do "right" ...then car would be near "mint" body condition)
- BOV (Blow Off Valve... my current vacuum "nipple" is damaged... and a I MAY be loosing a couple lbs of boost from it... :-?
- BRAKES!!!! With THIS MUCH POWER on tap... I HAVE to do something about the MUSH for brakes!
- ALL FLUIDS FLUSH, TIMING BELT, etc, etc....

Anyway... the SOLARA is SO FINE just the way it is... and my hunger AND thirst for RAW PERFORMANCE is overwhelmingly met with the old straight six boosted beast now... that I just can't see placing my money priority on the 'lara headers... YET!!! (Every intention of them down the road... just HOPING they are still out there... even at a "price".)

^^^ Well, that's my excuse... I feel like Benedict Arnold over it... but if I could JUST take you for a drive... or better yet, let YOU drive the beast... you'd SURELY take mercy on me and UNDERSTAND that there isn't anything I can "say" to express the psycho-emotional impact of somewhere in the vicinity of 400 ft/lbs of TORQUE connected to the ball of your foot...

Anyway... I've been "CONSUMED" with the OLD CAR for awhile... (18 years old... to be exact!) I haven't FORGOTTEN about you guys, though!

^^^ Taken of the DIRTY and WET car just an hour or so ago... THAT'S my EXCUSE if I DON'T get in on this first GB... what can I say?

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5