[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Spring/Strut Install WARNING!!!!!!!!
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

Spring/Strut Install WARNING!!!!!!!!

Spring/Strut Install WARNING!!!!!!!!

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:35 am

WARNING: When getting spring/struts installed, be sure to let your mechanic know that your abs line WILL break if they dont support the axle, arm, thingy before removing the struts. If you're doing the install yourself, put a jack under the arm before removing the struts.

Doing so will save you 2-3 bills on replacing the abs sensor.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:35 am

good warning peter. when my springs were put in the instller broke my abs line...good thing they paid for it, but the installers boss was mad!
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby krook » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:46 pm

yep. for those DIY's out there, remove the two 22mm bolts at the bottom the strut FIRST, then support the drum/disc and rod with a jack, then you can remove the top bolts inside the car, or under the hood depending on which strut you are removing.

after the bolts and nuts have been removed, slowly lower the jack and remove the strut and spring assembly.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ScubaSewj » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:48 am

yes very good warning. i found it out the hard way.
ScubaSewj
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solaradude » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:48 pm

well i got my car lowered 2 years ago and no problems so far...i guess my abs lines arent broken...whew

Steve :evilbat:
I will bankroll your poker career!! visit www.instant-bankroll.com
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:17 pm

Solaradude wrote:................

well i got my car lowered 2 years ago and no problems so far...i guess my abs lines arent broken...whew

Steve :evilbat:

if they were, your ABS light on the dash would probably tell ya.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby BustaRice » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:31 pm

ya when i got my springs/shocks put in, my abs light went on. i complained and they took out a wheel to "show me" that they never had to touch that wire/sensor... such bs..

so after a few months i found a used sensor at a junkyard for $25 bux, popped it in and voila abs light gone... problem fixed... so ya it's a common problem make sure the installer knows!!
BustaRice
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:35 pm

it is only the rear that you have to look out for.

the front seem to be secure enough to be held on its own will.

the rears however needs the support of a jack stand or stool. the line is shorter compared to the front.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies