[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Avail.

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:08 am

Ok so here is the good news!!!

As some of you might know ive had a CAI intake on my car for quite some time now its been R&D for about a year now, ive broken two, and MAF problems with one and finally the R&D is done the jig's are made and our finished products are available.

I will be offering two set-ups:
1. If you already have Injen Intake system, i can offer you an extension piece that extends the intake system down approximatly 24" and offers true cold air as the filter is placed slighty nehind the driver side fog light.
The kit will include, 1 Polished CAI extension, 1 silicone coupler, 2 clamps, and a special 3/4" Grommet. ( The grommet is key to allow the system to flex properly. $85.00

2. We will also be offering a full intake setup from the throttle body down to the front right fender,
This Kit will include: 1 Polished short ram, 1 Polished CAI Piece, 2 Silicone Couplers, 3 Silicone hoses, 4 clamps, 3/4 grommet, and k&n cone filter.
The price for this complete setup has not been determined i should have it by mid to end of next week if not sooner.

Please lemme know if you guys have any questions, i will be on as much as i can to answer them in a timely manner.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/309000-309999/309501_32.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/309000-309999/309501_23.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/309000-309999/309501_24.jpg

-Danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cruze105 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:48 am

sweet!!!! is this something from your production you are selling?
Im interested
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:37 am

umm is there a by pass valve?
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Re: True CAI Intakes and Extensions for Injen Short Rams Ava

Postby krzyray » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:33 am

Danny wrote:We will also be offering a full intake setup from the throttle body down to the front right fender,
This Kit will include: 1 Polished short ram, 1 Polished CAI Piece, 2 Silicone Couplers, 3 Silicone hoses, 4 clamps, 3/4 grommet, and k&n cone filter.

Cool... will this intake work for a 4-cylinder :D ?
krzyray
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:36 am

What's up, Danny? I'm glad it's finally ready, you know I definately want one. If you remember I did get the black widow kit with the GS300 fog lights. Do you think I would have any problems hooking it up? It looks really close to the fog light. But, I believe the b/w bumper comes out farther than the stock one so it should have more clearance. Also, I've got the kit molded on so would I be able to install it by taking the tire and the trim behind the tire off and installing that way?

Thanks...
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:25 pm

Ok im gunn try and answer all the questions.
1. Does it come with a bypass valve, if you have an supercharger you dont want a bypass valve second, dont worry about water its not in any position to be constantly getting wet its behind your fog light unless you remove it, and still the only way youll have problems is if you completly submerge the intake.

2. Astro you should have no problem, that picture of how low it is, is kinda deceiving. But its still down there. and the cool thing is once the extension is down you can rotate it to whatever angle you want.

3. For installation you will have to remove the complete stock intake system, Its actually very easy, it can all be done by undoing the panel on the drivers side front wheel well. Then the pipe follows the exsisting path of the stock equipment and should not require any cutting, If you want to cut slighty i recomend it to make the install easier and so you dont scratch your piece. Ill have instruction by mid end of the week and we can probably ship as early as friday.

If you want one please email me so i can put you on a list please include your phone number. And full name etc.

Krystalblue18@yahoo.com
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:41 pm

Danny wrote:Ok im gunn try and answer all the questions.
1. Does it come with a bypass valve, if you have an supercharger you dont want a bypass valve second, dont worry about water its not in any position to be constantly getting wet its behind your fog light unless you remove it, and still the only way youll have problems is if you completly submerge the intake.

Very nice job. It looks great.

Why don't you want a bypass valve with a S/C?
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:53 pm

Ive heard that with forced in duction that it can suck it in or casue it to close because the amount of air thats come through with an s/c over a stock vehicle, if you want to get a bypass valve you can it can go intplace of the 2nd coupler, or if you get really worried about rain or water you can easily remove the extenstion and run a short ram setup. Yanks you know how long ive had this... Ive went through a year of driving with this CAI never had any rain problems. As a second pre-caution, to the rain thing if it worries you i can get you a heat shield that can act either as a splash guard for the CAI or a heat shield for your short ram
-danny
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GoT_TRD » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:55 pm

i might be interested in the whole CAI from the throttle... has there been any problems with it stalling of anything? any dyno gains?? and yea, why dont you need a bypass valve for a s/c'ed camry...
-ChiNo-

R.I.P- 1/4/04 98 TRD Supercharged Camry. Boosted for only 4 days and loved it.
Pix @ http://photos.yahoo.com/mj29277

New ride- 93 SC300 w/ 1JZ GTE Swap
GoT_TRD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:03 pm

Question
Use of AEM Bypass Valve on Forced Induction engines

Answer
AEM does not recommend the use of the bypass valve on engines equipped with forced induction (turbo or superchargers). Additionally, using nitrous oxide in a placement before the bypass valve is dangerous due to fuel contamination of the foam spring/filter as well as degradation of the integrity of the plastic due to the extremely cold temperature of the nitrous oxide. Nitrous can be used downstream of the bypass valve.

AEM’s patented air bypass valve virtually eliminates the chance of hydro-lock in the event the filter of your AEM Cold Air induction system becomes submerged in water. The valve installs along the upper portion of the inlet pipe and shuts down induction at the filter when it becomes submerged, rerouting air through its external diaphragm to keep water out and air flowing in
Last edited by Danny on Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:36 pm

i think people are getting the wrong idea of bypass valve..

one term for two different things.

one is for the stock blow off valve for turbocharged cars.

the other is for cold air intakes, primarilly made by aem. it is a portion of the intake that is added so that water will not go into the engine when it rains.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

will it work on a Camry?

Postby rapsux2001 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:00 pm

Hey Danny, I was just wondering if you think this kit will work on a 99 SC Camry? If you do, then count me in, I'll e-mail you with my info and suchafter I get a reply and prices are available for the full kit. Also, what kinda Hp gains should we expect? No rush, just wonderin if you had an idea. Thanks a lot Danny. Good work!!!!!!!!!
rapsux2001

Postby Mole » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:05 pm

it should work on the 1mzfe engine. s/c or na...
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Danny » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:14 pm

he's exactly right this is gauranteed to work on camry/solara 98-01, the v6 1mzfe engine. For other models use your best judgement...

Also as far as HP gains id say 3-7 wheel hp, where your really going to fell the difference is in all types of weather. When your on a dyno your car is placed in ideal conditions to rate the highest HP possible, with your every day driver you build heat inside your engine bay if you have a short ram higher heat means bigger air molecules which equals less air actually being sucked in to your engine. With a CAI you will constantly get cooler air temperatures into your engine, which equals more air . And the more air you can push through your engine the faster/more hp your car will have. I hope you all understand this concept. and please correct me if im wrong :)
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:29 pm

I'm in as well
later
Scott
SC V6

Next

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies