[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - XERD HEADERS RELEASED! PICS INSIDE!
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

XERD HEADERS RELEASED! PICS INSIDE!

Postby XERD » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:10 pm

The car is not ours to play with 24/7, it is a customers car. I will ask the customer if she plans to take it to the drag strip but i highly doubt it. Maybe next time we have the car we can do a little video for everyone to see what the car can really do :)

We do plan to dyno the car again with just the stock headers on it so when that will happen we will have accurate results.

We already have a few customers that will be ordering the headers tomorrow so i am sure as soon as they will get them they will be able to give you a full report about the headers and how they like them.

As for the 129hp to the wheels, i agree that does seem low but that is the numbers we got, nothing we can do about that. If it makes anyone feel better we drive about 30 minutes to the dyno place and put the car on the dyno within 10 minutes or so and we dont use anything of any sort to cool down the engine, just slap on the dyno and let her run. We find this to be the best way to dyno a car to get the true value of a product.

Let me know if you have any questions. We will start taking orders tomorrow.

Thank you, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:07 am

Thanks for the update Eyal, but unfortunately I'm out.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby XERD » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:12 am

808Camry,

no problem, hope you change your mind after hearing what other have to say about them.

Thanx, Eyal
XERD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chef solara » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:46 am

So whats the price as of right now?
chef solara

Postby shidosha01 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:28 am

XERD wrote:Yes, it is amazing how much power cars actually show on the dyno, some cars show more, some less, depends on the dyno you use.

We have dynoed some V6 eclipse's at 130's and 140's at the wheel, each car is different. We even dynoed a 350Z at 220 at the wheels, keep in mind these are not corrected numbers so they seem a little lower.

Dynos dont lie.

Thanx, Eyal

It's true guys. I had my car dynoed on a Mustang Dyno. Mustang Dyno give you "true" horsepower results because it factors in the weight of the car/wheels that the engine has to move. On a Dynojet machine... all you're spinning are just the wheels.

My car with the upgrades I have pulled 248hp and 232lbs of torque to the wheels.

I'm still very happy with the results . :D
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Smitty__16 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:38 am

shidosha01 wrote:
XERD wrote:Yes, it is amazing how much power cars actually show on the dyno, some cars show more, some less, depends on the dyno you use.

We have dynoed some V6 eclipse's at 130's and 140's at the wheel, each car is different. We even dynoed a 350Z at 220 at the wheels, keep in mind these are not corrected numbers so they seem a little lower.

Dynos dont lie.

Thanx, Eyal

It's true guys. I had my car dynoed on a Mustang Dyno. Mustang Dyno give you "true" horsepower results because it factors in the weight of the car/wheels that the engine has to move. On a Dynojet machine... all you're spinning are just the wheels.

My car with the upgrades I have pulled 248hp and 232lbs of torque to the wheels.

So if the same car was dyno on a dyno jet the numbers would have been 148 stock instead of 129 and 171 with headers instead of 149. Your site said a 10-15% loss on a dyno jet. That sounds more realist.... and more appealing to me.
99 Solara V6 auto
Smitty__16
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby shidosha01 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:21 am

Smitty__16 wrote:
shidosha01 wrote:

Dynos dont lie.

Thanx, Eyal

So if the same car was dyno on a dyno jet the numbers would have been 148 stock instead of 129 and 171 with headers instead of 149. Your site said a 10-15% loss on a dyno jet. That sounds more realist.... and more appealing to me.

Yeah. Check the link on my site about the mustang dyno.
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Smitty__16 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:32 am

Does 171 HP sound about right to you? Or am i :drinking:
99 Solara V6 auto
Smitty__16
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby shidosha01 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:16 am

Smitty__16 wrote:Does 171 HP sound about right to you? Or am i :drinking:

Hard to tell on automatic car. I'd say anywhere between 163 to 170. I believe XERD is testing on a car that has no aftermarket intake and no aftermarket exhaust system.
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Smitty__16 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:47 am

shidosha01 wrote:
Smitty__16 wrote:Does 171 HP sound about right to you? Or am i :drinking:

Hard to tell on automatic car. I'd say anywhere between 163 to 170. I believe XERD is testing on a car that has no aftermarket intake and no aftermarket exhaust system.

If I'm right about the gains. Then it would be worth buying cause those numbers are with Stock exaust. Add and aftermarket exhaust and you see bigger gains. 18-20 hp gain over stock is pretty good considering the gains that were recorded for JP headers.. 26-28 hp from a supercharged v6 with with headers and exhaust.
99 Solara V6 auto
Smitty__16
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Fletch » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:04 pm

We need to see the curve. Are the gains all at the high end?
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:15 pm

XERD,

Something still seems wrong. A 20hp gain at the wheels for just headers and no exhaust work on a stock car seems unrealistic.

On an LS1 engine 5.7L V8 headers yield around 20hp at the wheels and thats a RWD car with twice the displacement.

I'd love to see more data on the headers because I think they do have potential, but I also feel that toyota didn't do that poor of a job on the headers that swapping them out could net 20hp at the wheels which is 25 or more at the crank.

Once again, I'm still in for the headers pending more conclusive tests

Thanks
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Smitty__16 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:43 pm

Yanks0114 wrote:XERD,

Something still seems wrong. A 20hp gain at the wheels for just headers and no exhaust work on a stock car seems unrealistic.

On an LS1 engine 5.7L V8 headers yield around 20hp at the wheels and thats a RWD car with twice the displacement.

I'd love to see more data on the headers because I think they do have potential, but I also feel that toyota didn't do that poor of a job on the headers that swapping them out could net 20hp at the wheels which is 25 or more at the crank.

Once again, I'm still in for the headers pending more conclusive tests

Thanks

"TRD 3.4L V6 headers: gains of 14-16 rear-wheel HP " That motor has a lil bit more cubes but it shows a good increase in power. These Xerd headers are designed more like long tube drag headers plus theres no Cat. But I'm with you there needs to be more tests and at least some charts to look at.
99 Solara V6 auto
Smitty__16
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:33 pm

Theres a huge difference as to whats advertised and the real world gains.

You'll never see 14-16 hp out of those headers unless you have supporting upgrades.

Regaurdless, I'm just happy to see this project is going somewhere :D
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:14 pm

I know this is off topic but will the XERD headers pass the California smog check?

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies