[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Avoid These (Rip-Offs, Frauds, Bad Shops, Bad Deals, etc)
This forum has frequently asked questions and stickies from all the Solara forums. Look here first to see if your question is answered or if the information you are looking for has already been posted.

Avoid These (Rip-Offs, Frauds, Bad Shops, Bad Deals, etc)

Avoid These (Rip-Offs, Frauds, Bad Shops, Bad Deals, etc)

Postby ultramookie » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:36 pm

Help other SolaraGuys by posting your bad experiences with dealers, sellers, and stuff. We all don't have to experience something bad, this thread can help out.
ultramookie
the guy pulling all the levers
the guy pulling all the levers

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:05 pm

http://www.toyotaterritory.com/ , took them at least 6 months for refund and I'm still waiting!! :evil:

The link should be fine now
Last edited by Hsakuragi on Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tiredolddog » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:35 am

hsakuragi wrote:www.toyotaterriorty.com

Website is down... not a good sign.
tiredolddog
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chef solara » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:08 am

www.Allbodykits.com , Dont ever buy from them.
chef solara

buyerzheaven

Postby SpikedMantis » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:34 pm

I posted this in the For Sale section, but I think I should have posted here.
http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=5590
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chef solara » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:31 pm

you drove to his address? In Calif. Don't you live in Orlando?
I live in Stuart, I have a octane front bumper for sale! I'll drive it up to you my self if your interested or any one else in the solara group.
chef solara

Postby SpikedMantis » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:04 pm

chef solara wrote:you drove to his address? In Calif. Don't you live in Orlando?
I live in Stuart, I have a octane front bumper for sale! I'll drive it up to you my self if your interested or any one else in the solara group.

I was visiting my girlfriend in CA, and we drove from LA. It was just a PO Box, so I'm gonna try to mail him the paperwork stating that he would send me replacement bulbs. I'd like an octane bumper, but not right now. I just want my bulbs!
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TeknoSolara » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:50 pm

www.speedpeople.com, these guys suck big time.
Blink and you'll miss a beat, keep one of your eyes open at all times.
TeknoSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MNSolara » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:23 pm

just a comment...if we are going to write on places that have ripped people off...can we share WHY they "suck" and be more explicit...otherwise it's honestly just hear say and sort of a waste of time for people to read if they don't know why they suck...but i'm just one Solara lover out of many with an opinion.
KMC Evolution (17x7.5) rims | Michelin XGT Z4 tread (P225/50ZR17) | Eclipse CD3422 Deck | JL Audio 12W3v2 Woofer | Alpine VR 1505 amp | Stinger 4 Awg Wire | Sylvania Silverstar H4 & 9006 headlamps | Injen Intake
MNSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TeknoSolara » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:09 pm

Speedpeople.com offers an Injen intake for a 99 V6 Solara. After ordering, they take your money and tell you 7-10 days before delivery. A month and a half later still no product, yet they have their end of the deal. After a couple of phone calls and getting the run around I decided that they "suck" as I mentioned before. Just thought I would let you all know that these people are not as quick as their name claims.
Blink and you'll miss a beat, keep one of your eyes open at all times.
TeknoSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SpikedMantis » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:43 am

I bought some bulbs from a guy on ebay. There was a lifetime guarantee with them, and when one burned out, I was instructed to pay for shipping and handling and to send back the old bulbs. Long story short, it's been 7 months since I paid and sent the bulbs, and not one email response has been made. Oh yeah, the ebay id is buyerzheaven.
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Samuel » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:15 pm

Today I received a product, TRD shift knob, from ToyotaTerriotory that I ordered last week. This has been my only experience, but it was a good one because the service was prompt, and the shift knob was the lowest price I could find.
Samuel

Postby FLASH » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:10 pm

Samuel wrote:Today I received a product, TRD shift knob, from ToyotaTerriotory that I ordered last week. This has been my only experience, but it was a good one because the service was prompt, and the shift knob was the lowest price I could find.

Ummm....this section is for BAD companies, and BAD experiences.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Samuel » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:05 pm

That is correct Flash. But, because there were other bad experiences posted regarding this same company, and because some may have thought that the company was now defunct, I thought I would let everyone know that as of today I had a good experience. I only posted because it was related, and because my experience was current. Sorry if anyone is offended.
Samuel

Return to Toyota Solara FAQs And Stickies