[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - p0330 code on 4lbs of boost
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

p0330 code on 4lbs of boost

p0330 code on 4lbs of boost

Postby thakidd » Sun May 09, 2004 6:15 pm

well it happend to me today.now i have to go back to the dealer and see what they say.i just got the charger installed wensday waited 350 miles to get on it and when i did thats what happend.

my mods are
cai
greddy exhaust...
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraT » Mon May 10, 2004 2:54 pm

P0330 = Knock sensor 2 circuit malfunction (bank 2, v6 models only)

Open or short in knock sensor 2 circuit
Loose knock sensor 2
PCM malfunction

From haynes repair book.

Assuming you have a gen 1 Solara

I'm sure other people with the v6 can give you their experience with this code. Good Luck!
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Fletch » Thu May 13, 2004 3:06 pm

reference the "more boost * update" thread in Forced Induction, try the knock sensor rewire at the ECU, it worked for me when I got the code with 5.5psi, first time I think I reversed the wires, trial and error, it's not hard though.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby thakidd » Fri May 14, 2004 12:57 pm

dealer said knock sensor not blown...... i dunno.. i will find out more when i go get my car....
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 808Camry » Fri May 14, 2004 1:46 pm

I used to get the code as well, like fletch said refer to the thread and do the knock sensor wire trick, it worked for me.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby thakidd » Fri May 14, 2004 3:37 pm

yea im deffintly goin the rewire route......
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Sat May 15, 2004 11:56 pm

I'm not sure that the rewire fix is the right solution for the bank 2, 0330 code. It seems to me that most people who got that code, myself included, were running lean and really getting some knocking. The false knocking code usually comes from bank 1, which is a 0325 code. The rewiring fix for bank 1 seems to be successful for people who have done some type of fuel delivery upgrade so that there is less of a chance of running lean.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby thakidd » Tue May 18, 2004 5:28 pm

so u think i could be running lean.the cel came on again today.do u think
its cause of my cold air intake and if so what can i get to add more fuel...
money is tight right now i have 65,545 miles on the car do u think it could be cause of an old worn out sensor.......
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Wed May 19, 2004 1:19 am

thakidd wrote:so u think i could be running lean.the cel came on again today.do u think
its cause of my cold air intake and if so what can i get to add more fuel...
money is tight right now i have 65,545 miles on the car do u think it could be cause of an old worn out sensor.......

I can't be sure, but I doubt that your sensor was worn down before you put your supercharger on. It's possible that your CAI is contributing to the problem. The front bank (#2) sensor always seems to be the one that fails for people who are using the stock fuel delivery system. Since you're only using 4 psi of boost, the dealer should attempt to fix the problem under warranty. Many people feel that replacement senors are not as sensitive as the stock ones. I'd remove the CAI before taking it back to the dealer, though. Fuel delivery upgrades can be a little expensive, but you really shouldn't need them at the boost level that you're at. You still might want to look into a piggy-back fuel controler,, though, like an Apexi S-AFC.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction