[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Magnuson Oil Change Kit Info
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Magnuson Oil Change Kit Info

Magnuson Oil Change Kit Info

Postby Vampire » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:53 am

Just to let anyone know who decides to change their SC oil themselves. The 8 oz oil change kit I bought from Magnuson came with 8 oz of oil (only 4 needed), a new coupler, Loctite 510 (good for 3 changes) and a new oil plug. You don't need to purchase anything else just for the oil change. In fact I didn't know it came with a new coupler and almost bought one from Jim@foreignaffairs. BTW, the kit costs $25. Hope this info helps.
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gadget » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:48 pm

All you really need is a 4 oz bottle of supercharger oil to do an oil change. You can get that at your local Pontiac dealer for $6. It is the very same stuff you get from Magnuson at 4 times the price.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Gadget
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:55 pm

do you mind to take some pictures to post to the DIY?
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Vampire » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:12 am

That's exactly what Magnuson told me but in this one horse town I live in I could not get the local GM dealer to get it for me for less than $18. This was exactly like the $29/gallon that the Toyota dealership wanted to charge me for the red coolant. Prices suck where I live.

Gadget wrote:All you really need is a 4 oz bottle of supercharger oil to do an oil change. You can get that at your local Pontiac dealer for $6. It is the very same stuff you get from Magnuson at 4 times the price.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Vampire » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:15 am

If you go to Gadget's site the pics he has of his 3.4 SC is very similar. There you can see the nose unit removed and the impeller gears.

hsakuragi wrote:do you mind to take some pictures to post to the DIY?
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction