[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - V6 turbo kit . . .
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

V6 turbo kit . . .

V6 turbo kit . . .

Postby TRD_solaRa » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:30 am

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys have actually seen a turbo kit for the V6 5 speed Solaras (or autos if you actually want one :agrue: )? Cause I've seen only one so far in the past year. The guy is from Hawaii and his Solara is pretty pimp too :evilbat: . Damn it is pretty sick. Alright, just wondering if anyone else knows of it. Too bad he didn't enter in this past IREV 2003 show :bad-words:. Hawaii repasent. Haha. Oh wellz. Shootz. Peace.
I had another pic that was better, but this is all for now.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kubi » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:43 am

There is 1 person here with a custom turbo. UltraslowSolara. There are some posts about his turbo if you search.

Is that a FMIC? I remember a thread a while back saying you couldn't have one on a Solara.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:23 pm

kubi wrote:There is 1 person here with a custom turbo. UltraslowSolara. There are some posts about his turbo if you search.

Is that a FMIC? I remember a thread a while back saying you couldn't have one on a Solara.

that's James' solara. it's funny that i know his name but never met him. i saw him on the road a couple of times. he got that job done a while back. and yes, that's a FMIC.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mole » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:38 pm

anything is possible.

the red solara... wasnt it a custom turbo?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby krook » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:56 pm

yep i think so. i forgot what site you can view the whole car at...
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby WTF?? » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

UltraslowSolara has a turbo for his I4 5spd... the pic above is a custom turbo for a V6
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:44 pm

i love this guys car. especially the last pic, where he has the front cut out to show off the nice intercooler. hmmmmm makes me wanna go turbo instead of s/c. i give this guy mad props, i wish he was around the forum more, he talked for a little bit. i wanna know how much boost he's using and what kinda hp numbers hes getting.

http://www.pbase.com/turbotoy/turbo_solara
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby TRD_solaRa » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:56 pm

Thanx for the better picz guyz . . . yea this guy'z car if so sick. Hopefully he'll come back onto the forum again.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PEITRUS » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:02 pm

me likes, but i dunno about that big ol' wing. pretty pointless IMHO
PEITRUS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swimshady906 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:43 pm

Peter wrote:i love this guys car. especially the last pic, where he has the front cut out to show off the nice intercooler. hmmmmm makes me wanna go turbo instead of s/c. i give this guy mad props, i wish he was around the forum more, he talked for a little bit. i wanna know how much boost he's using and what kinda hp numbers hes getting.

Definatly agree. I wouldnt think he would be getting much more than any 4 or 5 psi. Its got to spool fast, which is cool, but the only modification he listed that isnt part of the actuall turbo setup was a fac, perhaps 6 psi max? I mean he wouldnt run much more than any sc with the same fuel setup would he? Either way, the car rocks.... :D
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRD_solaRa » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:23 pm

At the tracks . . . this guy used to run around a 15.2 constantly. Since I've left Hawaii for college, my friend told me that he ran against him and he ran a constant 14.2 - 14.3 or there of. Not bad. But what do you S/C fellaz run at the track? He has been modifying and tuning his car a bit too. But I'm jus wonderin which would be "better" . . . the SuperCharger or a tuRbo??? Peace.

~d
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Turbosolara » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:57 pm

If you want turbo you need prepare AT LEAST $6000 and headaches
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby xxTRD69xx » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:43 pm

sorry guys, haven't been here for a while. I'm running 12psi right now wit the S-AFC alone. My two knock sensors are malfunctioning though, so I guess the timing is retarded as much as can be, so that's how I'm able to run the 12psi. Hoping to get a bigger turbo, JP performance headers, and the foreghn affairs 9.2:1 heads soon. Also looking into converting into a return style fuel system. That's about it for now. Anyone wanna buy my seats(black/red vinyl). Let me know...
1st Turbocharged 1MZ-FE Solara brought to you by Evolution Performance-Honolulu, Hawaii
xxTRD69xx
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TRD_solaRa » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:23 pm

xxTRD69xx wrote:sorry guys, haven't been here for a while. I'm running 12psi right now wit the S-AFC alone. My two knock sensors are malfunctioning though, so I guess the timing is retarded as much as can be, so that's how I'm able to run the 12psi. Hoping to get a bigger turbo, JP performance headers, and the foreghn affairs 9.2:1 heads soon. Also looking into converting into a return style fuel system. That's about it for now. Anyone wanna buy my seats(black/red vinyl). Let me know...

Damn boi 12 psi is fricken choooke! I didn't ever think our cars could handle that much . . . tite. I've seen your car around 808 only a few times, but never got to get a good look at your ride. My friend with a white WRX said he ran against you a few times and you got into the low 14s. Any chance of 13s soon? I was wondering if you know where I could get a custom exhaust manifold done? Evolutions? Lataz.
~d
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction