[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - If Nos is Forced Induction
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

If Nos is Forced Induction

If Nos is Forced Induction

Postby PASolara » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:04 pm

I have a 2001 solara se 5 speed with a zex 100 shot Short Throw shifter #3 Inch Cat back and a intake

When I got the car I never thought about racing then i beat My Buddies 2002 GtI 1.8t he talked me into getting a intake.. Then i went to the track and got a 15.1 witch it not bad i think.. Then MY brother sells his Civic and gives me his NOS kit... SO i figure aaa what the hell i strap on a 75 shot go to the track with just intake and NOS and get a 13.9 i am like WTF wow. SO 5 months later and like 8 tanks of NOS later I have Alot more
Go figure
I cant wait to it gets nice out so i can go to the track agian and see what i can do now!
CAI, 3"Custom exhaust ,Ground Kit, Trd quick shifter,P&P 3 heads and intake, .flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, LSD,RSB.ES control arm busings,spring+struts
PASolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:41 am

nitrous is not force induced.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby JoeB » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:37 am

I'm not sure what your question is. Nitrous is not forced induction but it offers a similar benifit. The whole idea of forced induction is to get more air into the combustion chamber. But you have to consider the temperature of the air. With a supercharger the air gets heated somewhat through the process of compressing it, turbos are even worse so intercoolers are a very good thing. Nitrous is a cold shot directly in which effectively provides more burnable O2. So while it is not forcing more air into the chamber, it is providing more burnable O2 to increase power. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Airwalk1421 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:49 pm

Post some pics of the ride 100shot... Did u upgrade ur fuel pressure regulator?
Airwalk1421
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PASolara » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:01 pm

OK i will take some Pics As soon as the Snow Clears here in PA :x

And no i did not ugrade The fuel Pressure Regulator. But i do have the zex kit which comes a unit that you hook to your fuel pressure regulator and it adjusted Fuel For you.. The only thing i had to upgrade using the 100 shot was the exhaust with stock exhaust ( After using it for a long period of time) I would get a Check ENgine Light the code was for the Second O2 Sensor. So after Putting Exhaust and a Hight Flow Cat on.. It didnt happen any More. It was coming on Becasue of the High Temps That the NOS Made. BUt yea I will TAke Pics of the NOs kit I dont know WHy it would Prove I have a 100 shot u cant see the Jets LOL BUt this spring i will have videos of it at the track :lol: I didnt get to take any last season but this one i will
CAI, 3"Custom exhaust ,Ground Kit, Trd quick shifter,P&P 3 heads and intake, .flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, LSD,RSB.ES control arm busings,spring+struts
PASolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:03 pm

learn proper grammar dude... kind of hard reading what you're trying to say.

how often do you use the nitrous?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Return to Forced Induction