[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - have you seen your exhaust manifold glow red yet?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

have you seen your exhaust manifold glow red yet?

have you seen your exhaust manifold glow red yet?

Postby Mole » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:07 pm

after an uphill climb or constant acceleration have you seen it glow red? its a little bit after the exhaust manifold where the tubes goes through a cat...

kinda funny to see it.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby SunGod916 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:15 pm

I saw it one time on an old Ford truck. I pulled up right next to him on the freeway.
It was quite a sight to behold. Needless to say I pulled away, in case the truck all of us sudden decided to come apart (it was a beater).
SunGod916
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kondo » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:25 pm

I have seen it on the tubro porsche on teckademics mischief 3000 dvd. Both side get glowing red, it looked f-ing sick
99 sle, 03 evo
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby SC V6 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:41 pm

I have seen that 2.. and the turbo's actually turn white
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby JoeB » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:43 am

That doesn't sound good. I think the temperature of the air there should be around 1200 degrees F. If it's getting too hot, it means the car is running lean and you run the risk of predetonation, blown knock sesnors and all the other fun stuff that comes along with it. -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xtychx » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:06 pm

Haha...ive seen mine glowing BRIGHT red after doing some err....spirited uphill climbs. I always pop the hood when I get to the top to let it cool down for a while.

They look like they are gonna expode :p. Thats when I had my supercharger on stock boost...Done a couple runs now with 5 pounds and still havn't had any problems yet, no blown knock sensors or the like. A:F ratio is within acceptable limits across the board last time I hooked up the ol wideband.

But it still glows very brightly after each run now. Maybe that will change when the XERD headers get here? Dunno.

-xtychx
xtychx
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SunGod916 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:14 pm

That's exactly why they need Turbo Timers. So that the oil will cool it off back to Idle Temp before the engine shuts off.

:-)
SunGod916
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:17 pm

sometimes if im really hammering the gas, the EGT reads 1500.

other times its at 13-1400 degrees F
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Return to Forced Induction