[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Turbo Coupe Build
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Turbo Coupe Build

Turbo Coupe Build

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53 pm

As the title says.

I've finally got all my parts together and have the time to put the puzzle together.
I haven't seen much drive for the performance in gen3/4 camry's in a long time so I hope this will help boost :lol: some of the new comers to go in the same route.

to give you guys a heads up I'm boro. as in i do things on the less expensive side. not going for max power cause Tony the Tiger already got that. I'm going for budget build and run flex fuel e85 and pump gas.

ok on with the pictures of the progress.

free'd up my exhaust

setting up the ypipe on a spare block

that was a free ebay turbo ;) baller on a budget!:cool:

finishing up the downpipe

this project isn't done yet still got to get the rest of the down pipe connected to the rest of the exhaust is.

and there is the intercooler piping and the wastegate pipe to get merged back into the exhaust.

I've eliminated cruise control (i don't use it ever), relocated the battery, and modified the coolant line a bit. but everything is easy to get to and i can still change my starter without needing to remove the turbo.

when we are done with this one there will be another built but in a different fashion to hopefully keep the battery in the stock location.

almost done

I'm definitely going to build another soon but maybe with 2 separate runners into the turbo this time.
2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Turbo Coupe Build

Postby 1gSE » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

:sweet: :sweet: can't wait to see this finished. How much are you planning on making when it's done?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello there
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 am

sorry for the late response

I hope on making near 280whp with 8lbs and a safe tune. I'm working on other cars at the moment so my project is on the back burner on and off. today i'm installing the oil filter sandwich and mapping out the oil in/out lines. i also need to mock up the brackets to stabilize the turbo to the motor.

i still need to install my fuel pump (reason i'm doing this mod lol) cause it crapped out last week.
2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 pm

getting there!
2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:05 am

Ah, saw this on fb earlier. I'm assuming you'll be re-clocking the compressor. I hope that intercooler is up to the task of cooling. 8 psi isn't too much, but I'm sure it flows quite a bit more than whatever that i/c came out of. Looks like it has some decent thickness though.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:26 am

Finished................kindof

Everything is in place the turbo spools and i'm boosting. the results are amazing, it feels way better than the trd sc. the car is very responsive without any turbo lag, no smoke from my exhaust and the intercooler is cool to the touch,

2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Congrats on getting it running! I bet it is a blast to drive.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:51 pm

it's fun as hell! and the fact that i did it all myself! i'll get videos soon.
2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TadS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 am

Cool build! Doing it yourself always makes a project more rewarding in the end!
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TadS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:36 pm

I was thinking about this build while I was roofing my house this afternoon, and it occurred to me that you didn't tell us how much it set you back? Do you have a parts list?
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Tony the Tiger » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:10 am

I really like the exhaust, although I am sure there will be more work done for the finishing touches in the engine bay as well :)

The concept is great, I have done a few topmounted/sidemounted setups in the engine bay... Like the difference between a top-mount IC and a FMIC on say a Subaru STi, the lag difference is significant. It's not so much about spool vs RPM time that you see on the dyno which gets lots of lead time for the turbo to build boost, but rather the response factor associated with it when you slap the throttle to the floor.
Dynamotorsports Tuning
Tony the Tiger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 2wickedtoyz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 am

the total cost of this build:

turbo was a gift
wastegate was 30
fpr was a gift
manifold i modified a used set 125
sandwich plate adapter 30
oil lines gift
intercooler 50
apexi neo 75

very low budget build and i have enough extra parts to make a second kit for my wagon!

Tony all the questions i asked you throughout the years i still have the answers you gave me and i look over them when i have a doubt.
Thank you for all your help through the years
2wickedtoyz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TadS » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:07 pm

∆ That price list is as impressive as the build. Great job!
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby civictypeR » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:40 pm

:wnw: :wnw: :wnw: :wnw:

Looking good man. I love the exhaust setup.
civictypeR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Forced Induction