[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread

Re: My 3MZ supercharged 5speed Swap Thread

Postby Bostonlara » Tue May 07, 2013 1:27 pm

I forgot to factor in my y pipe. Less restriction less boost but it should make the power
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Have you thought about belt slippage at all? Does the 3mz belt system mimic the 1mz exactly or could you need to bring the alternator up to tighten things, also you did go to a smaller pulley which means more belt. I just put my boost gauge in and I was only reading 3lbs when the pulley should be 4.5ish, but i realized that because I have an automatic it kept down shifting to a lower RPM which never enabled my s/c to spin enough to attain the full boost. Once I hopped on the highway and hit WOT i finally saw my boost hitting 4 and above.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Ya I have but everything seems consistent during acceleration. If anything the tensioner needs replacing or my cat is shot. Still street tuning little by little on my way home from work at night. Pulling a lot of fuel too
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Disapointing Power Numbers

Postby Bostonlara » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:02 pm

POWER= 202.5 Ft-Lb
TORQUE= 205.5 HP
these are to the wheels

so ya disappointing numbers but i knew i didnt have that much, my old engine felt like it made more at 4psi.
so my conclusion from the dyno is that running the 3MZ with stock vvti heads (vvti disabled) power is a total loss even with a 5.5psi pulley, injectors, ect will not have a increased gain in power at all.

i'd like to put in a 3MZ ECU and hook up the vvti. i think it has more potenial that way. so i need an ecu, harness, and knock sensors.

BTW i couldn't even break the tires loose in 2nd without dropping the clutch hard :roll: so i don't know whether i should part out the car or continue to spend money on a project that may bring many more headaches
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:38 pm

If you part out ill buy the 3mz heads from you.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Bostonlara » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Gregtrd wrote:If you part out ill buy the 3mz heads from you.

Ill keep it in mind
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 am

Just so ppl know, Jeff dynoed on a mustang dyno a.k.a the Heart breaker.

Mustang dyno's read 10-12%* lower than a dynojet and dynapacks read 8-10%* higher than a your standard jet.

So to compare, here are some rough estimate:

Dynojet :222whp to 226whp
Dynapack:239whp to 248whp

You are still reading low for 5.5psi but that could be you lack of bolt on's, proper tune or some other issues you might be having with your setup.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:10 am

I think I'm maxed out on bolt-ons man. Only thing I don't have and won't be getting is a supra Maf and plasma booster
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Ye you do, I just saw your sig lol. Something else is going on then.

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:47 pm

So I fixed my low boost problem, changed out my dynamic tensioner for a new one I got at autozone. Went for a spin saw 6psi near redline. So now since I'm actually making some real boost I can search for small leaks.
Car pulled harder and I had more torque up top. I actually couldn't tell belt was slipping. Everything felt fine except for the low power. Never jumpy accelerated hard either
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Glad to hear you're getting it sorted out. Can't wait to hear what numbers it's putting down now.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Smaay » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

just coming back to this thread, after reading your troubles, it had to be a slipping belt. im glad you figured it out. now lets see a new dyno.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Figured I'd update this. Maybe people still look in this section. Cars still running strong, a few issues here and there. Torque rod knocks and clicks when I engage the clutch into 1st, no big deal its just the noise that gets me, eats oil at high rpm buts that can be considered normal if done often. I don't drive her to hard anymore, unless I need to get around traffic or someone wants to go at it lol. I managed to loose a wheel weight at some point....idk. Cars idles kinda rough, so I turned the Trd check valve around at the IAC, smooth idle. Problem is I loose boost above 3k rpm. So I flip it back to how it was and the car pulls nice but the idle is rough. So rough it will stay. But I need to dyno again and I miiiiggggghhhhhttttt go to 7 psi soon lol
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Smaay » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 am

hhmmm i wonder why you are having these issues. im still running strong with no issues. Havent had time to build the SC kit
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:50 am

Car was sold to Gabe a couple months back. I think it's now back to a 1mz.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction