[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Thinking about supercharging gen 1 v6 what do i need???
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Thinking about supercharging gen 1 v6 what do i need???

Thinking about supercharging gen 1 v6 what do i need???

Postby imhappy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:15 am

hi everyone... i was thinking about supercharging my car . it is currently stock except for a short ram intake. i want to boost it at 4psi the whole time and dont plan to move up to higher psi's

can i run 4 psi with stock injectors... stock fuel pump???

i plan on getting headers and full exhaust... then get a piggyback and tune it. i just want to get a little more power but be reliable also. thnx guys ; )
imhappy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:17 am

IIRC, there's plenty of threads that cover this
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby imhappy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:54 am

well i seen a couple of people doing the jims fuel mod... walbro fuel pump but they are at 5.5 psi

i seen a couple of people 4psi stock and i was wondering if that is safe???
imhappy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:31 am

it depends on what condition the engine is in. Some people blow up on low boost with the TRD SC and some have made more power with a turbo, but eventually built their engines. No matter what you choose, tuning is the key.

::edit::

one of you SC'd guys wanna chime in? Isn't there someone with an s/c Camry that hammers it daily with minimal mods?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby akora12 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 am

I ran upgraded spark plugs and jim's fuel mod at 4 psi. I can't definitively say it was necessary, but I'd rather be on the safe side.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby imhappy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:15 am

is a upgraded fuel pump necessary??? i just changed my fuel pump but it wasnt a walbro 190... just oem. yea its good to be on the safe side : )
imhappy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby akora12 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 am

^The stock fuel pump is fine for 4psi. The ecu compensates well at that boost level. TRD most likely decided on that output so the s/c was a simple bolt-on product.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 am

I'm at 4psi with jims fuel mod, stock fuel pump and colder spark plugs? idek the NGK bkre7-11 i think? I beat the crap out of my car and it's alive :) almost smells like its running rich.. or bad cat
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction