[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - bbq bobs dyno sheet
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

bbq bobs dyno sheet

Postby jetbtkng » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:40 pm

these #'s are amazing, i bet its the fastest sc'ed camry on the site, just a reminder...................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby i20solara02i » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:47 pm

churches dyno is on the hub. their numbers are alway going to be higher numbers than what is going to be if it was towards the wheel.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:27 pm

i20solara02i wrote:churches dyno is on the hub. their numbers are alway going to be higher numbers than what is going to be if it was towards the wheel.

Yeah..but you can pretty much factor that in. They SAY that their #'s are 10-15 HP less than Dynojet. So...just take that off from Frank's...Bob's (and mine too) to get an *equivalent* Dynojet. Still great #s.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 am

you have to take the averages of all the different dynoes, so it would actually be about 10, as dynopak ranks in the middle, and all dyno's run different #'s, i bet you compare 3 dynojets, at 3 different locations, you would get 3 different #'s, all i know 272 stands, and know one here has topped it except me.................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:35 am

well here is a comparison of different dyno's, Turbo Magazine Dyno Dash Comparison Chart
Dyno HP TQ
Dynapack 249.4 242.8
DTS 257.6 XXXX
Dynojet (Win) 235.8 227.8
Dynojet (DOS) 243.7 237.2
Clayton 265.7 240.6
Super Flow 228.9 226.6, http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0306t ... index.html
.................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:40 am

and im just gooffing around................ :drinking: :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:52 pm

still good #'s, until his new upgrade................ :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 pm

M90???
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 pm

^lol not exactly.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Very nice. 8)
I envy you guys.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby bbq bob » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm

the upgrades are inprocess now. gregtrd is doing a 5 speed swap . a fidanza flywheel , nst lite crank pully and 6 lbs of boost . i'll dyno after its done . i'm looking for about mid 280's hp .
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Tony the Tiger » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

It's hard to compare nowadays.. Even the Dynojet themselves have varying age and software and they show 10% difference between each other.

It's more of a lucky thing, so if you find a dyno that reads consistent, and you like the shop you are dealing with, then stick with that dyno. It is only a true before & after dyno run that will put your numbers into perpective.

My particular Dynapack wasn't really "calibrated"... One of the local Dynojets around my area just happen to spit out numbers that were higher than my Dynapack. If any calibration was done, the "TCF" correction factor will not be 1.00 anymore. Mine is still 1.00, means no correction factors was added or subtracted.

Funny at the same time, another Dynojet in the east end area reads lower than my Dynapack. So now I got two Dynojets that read higher AND lower, so who knows, I don't even know what to tell people anymore.

The best way to verify a dyno (if it is a very important subject matter), is to send a bone stock Solara, or any bone stock car around the same TQ and HP level to that particular dyno to grasp a useful baseline figure.

On Shawn Church's dyno, his read higher... Even he himself knows it so he tells you it's between flywheel HP and Dyno WHP.
At the same time though, Shawn's dyno area is very clean, well ventilated and is at a good location. It's hard to pinpoint whether the dyno itself is reading higher, or the ideal shop conditions are making the numbers higher.

On the dyno, especially during a long night of tuning, the numbers are always going to be lower because the car is hotter, the air inside the dyno area is now polluted and full of exhaust, and the air during night time has less O2 (yet elevation is unchanged). The same car dyno'd at the same place, during 6:00am in the morning and a dyno area full of fresh air, will give higher numbers...lol So really, your numbers during a private baseline session will be higher, but your numbers during a group dyno day (with your car being one of last cars to dyno), will read lower.

Trade secret!
Dynamotorsports Tuning
Tony the Tiger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dawgz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Tony the Tiger wrote:It's hard to compare nowadays.. Even the Dynojet themselves have varying age and software and they show 10% difference between each other.

It's more of a lucky thing, so if you find a dyno that reads consistent, and you like the shop you are dealing with, then stick with that dyno. It is only a true before & after dyno run that will put your numbers into perpective.

My particular Dynapack wasn't really "calibrated"... One of the local Dynojets around my area just happen to spit out numbers that were higher than my Dynapack. If any calibration was done, the "TCF" correction factor will not be 1.00 anymore. Mine is still 1.00, means no correction factors was added or subtracted.

Funny at the same time, another Dynojet in the east end area reads lower than my Dynapack. So now I got two Dynojets that read higher AND lower, so who knows, I don't even know what to tell people anymore.

The best way to verify a dyno (if it is a very important subject matter), is to send a bone stock Solara, or any bone stock car around the same TQ and HP level to that particular dyno to grasp a useful baseline figure.

On Shawn Church's dyno, his read higher... Even he himself knows it so he tells you it's between flywheel HP and Dyno WHP.
At the same time though, Shawn's dyno area is very clean, well ventilated and is at a good location. It's hard to pinpoint whether the dyno itself is reading higher, or the ideal shop conditions are making the numbers higher.

On the dyno, especially during a long night of tuning, the numbers are always going to be lower because the car is hotter, the air inside the dyno area is now polluted and full of exhaust, and the air during night time has less O2 (yet elevation is unchanged). The same car dyno'd at the same place, during 6:00am in the morning and a dyno area full of fresh air, will give higher numbers...lol So really, your numbers during a private baseline session will be higher, but your numbers during a group dyno day (with your car being one of last cars to dyno), will read lower.

Trade secret!

interesting.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby sahuddleston » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 pm

congrats man. well done.
2012 Ford Shelby GT500
2013 Hyundai Genesis 4.6

2002 Toyota Solara SE - First Turbo 2AZ-FE
sahuddleston
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bbq bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:59 pm

after the upgrades , this will be the 4th time at churches . the 1st time was after the sc was put on. 196 hp. the 2nd time, after some more mods, bigger pully and some other goodies , 248 hp. the last time with the headers and 3" exhaust everything came together for the 272.4 hp. this next time , more goodies . i think mid 280's is close .
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction