[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - So, how do you ACTUALLY change the supercharger oil?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

So, how do you ACTUALLY change the supercharger oil?

Postby CASTRO » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Jim, I know about taking the nose drive section out, but never really seen or read up about people getting deep enough to service the rotors. On the TRD oil change kit, it doesnt go as far as the rotor removal. Once im in, how much more screws to unbolt to get to the rotors?

Dat-seems like you just did the regular s/c oil change and didn't get to removing the rotors. I have directions on changing the oil included with the kit, but not on anything as deep as the rotor removal.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Fletch wrote:Nothing wrong with preventative maintenace, but every 15k sounds very frequent, I could be wrong. Wonder what interval GM recommends for their S/C 3.8L applications?

EDIT: 15k - 30k seems right on, here is some info specific to 4-runner but should be fine for us, well you all. My S/C is in a junk yard somewhere.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/SuperNose.htm

I dont know. I do mine early since Texas likes to be hot on me.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby CASTRO » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Akfahad wrote:
CASTRO wrote:I ordered my TRD supercharger oil change kit and the instructions are included. The manual/installation documentation looks just like the one that came with the suprercharger. It includes that inside hockey-puck looking thing as well as sealant, oil, and a new plug. bought mine for 20 bucks

Castro, you got a link where you got the oil kit from?

Akfahad, go to
-www.trdparts4u.com
-Click on Camry (on the left)
-Click 1998
-Click Supercharger Accessories
-TRD Supercharger Oil Change Kit for the V6 3.0L
(Part #PTR01-06020-37)

Regular Price: $ 43.00
On Sale For: $34.50

TRD Supercharger Oil Change Kit for the V6 3.0L details

Nose cone oil lube kit for your TRD Toyota Supercharger on your V6 3.0L.

Hope that helps! :drinking:
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby that1mexguy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:22 pm

what are the chances one of you guys can do a tutorial on this for the mechanical challenged folks like moi? please?

:drinking:
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Akfahad » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:37 pm

CASTRO wrote:
Akfahad wrote:
CASTRO wrote:I ordered my TRD supercharger oil change kit and the instructions are included. The manual/installation documentation looks just like the one that came with the suprercharger. It includes that inside hockey-puck looking thing as well as sealant, oil, and a new plug. bought mine for 20 bucks

Castro, you got a link where you got the oil kit from?

Akfahad, go to
-www.trdparts4u.com
-Click on Camry (on the left)
-Click 1998
-Click Supercharger Accessories
-TRD Supercharger Oil Change Kit for the V6 3.0L
(Part #PTR01-06020-37)

Regular Price: $ 43.00
On Sale For: $34.50

TRD Supercharger Oil Change Kit for the V6 3.0L details

Nose cone oil lube kit for your TRD Toyota Supercharger on your V6 3.0L.

Hope that helps! :drinking:

Thanks bro....
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

S/C maintenance

Postby PDX SuperSolara » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:49 pm

Those long bolts that hold the nose drive unit on also hold the rotors in, so all you have to do is carefully pull the rotors out of the rotor housing once the nose drive is removed. There are no other bolts to remove. You will see big pins on the ends of each rotor. Those go into the bearings down inside. You can just clean out the rotor housing and the rotors but I don't recommend any harsh chemical cleaning of the rotors because they are coated with a Teflon type coating that will peal off if you are harsh on them. The housing you can take to a machine shop and have "cold tank" cleaned if you want it to look like new, but the bearings inside you need to be sure don't get rusty, and they will need to get properly greased if you do use a wet cleaning method. You can have the machine shop replace the bearings if you get a pair ahead of time. The new ones have some grease in them but I like to add synthetic grease for longer life.
Jim @ Foreign Affairs
2315 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-236-2871
PDX SuperSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CASTRO » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:25 pm

thanks for the tips jim, ill be starting on a s/c maintenance sometime soon.
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:17 pm

thanks for all the info everybody

I'm going to go look for bearings + the oil change kit...which is a bit of challenge to get up here in TO...

I'll be doing this as soon as possible, so if nobody else has done it by then, I'll see if I can do take pics while I do it
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CASTRO » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:06 pm

yesss, pics please. I feel so much better when I've seen a DIY before I start out on a project.
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TMMK Toy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:12 pm

Let's get some pics and a tutorial and sticky this. Oh ya, is it possible to port anything inside the supercharger and change rotors to increase efficiency? Similiar to porting a turbo housing.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CASTRO » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:28 pm

rotor change prolly wont happen unless you know the exact replacements or upgrade replacements. Porting has been done by a few members s/c, but only to port match it with the lower intake manifold on the motor. Somehow the stock intake manifolds runners are larger diameter than the superchargers. (I've compared before installing and its true) Perhaps since its pressurized anyways, but its nice to know that its matched instead of going small to large.
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction